Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the program button for remote start

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the program button for remote start

I have the bi-directional remote start and I for the love of me can not find the program button to change the settings. I can find the main remote start box, pretty good sized, but I can not find the program button, I found a little black container with 3-4 black and red wires going into it, opened it up and did NOT find any button in it.

PLEASE HELP

THANKS
Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhitesel
I have the bi-directional remote start and I for the love of me can not find the program button to change the settings. I can find the main remote start box, pretty good sized, but I can not find the program button, I found a little black container with 3-4 black and red wires going into it, opened it up and did NOT find any button in it.

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

Can anyone else tell me what the "device" is that is mounted underneath the hood on the drivers side, has a couple wires going to it. Must have something to do with the remote start?? Sure wish I could find my "program" button!!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:33 PM

Thumbs up

Never mind, I found the remote start override button, LED light, and reprogrammed so the pickup does not shut off when the doors are opened!!!! and now runs for 15min.!!!!! NOW I LIKE MY REMOTE START!!!!!

Thanks for everyone's help on the programming sequence
Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the wiring under the hood is a tilt switch wont start with hood open.
and the black box is the pats module
the programing button can be anywhere under the driver side dash
Old 01-26-2011, 09:54 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWhitesel
Never mind, I found the remote start override button, LED light, and reprogrammed so the pickup does not shut off when the doors are opened!!!! and now runs for 15min.!!!!! NOW I LIKE MY REMOTE START!!!!!

Thanks for everyone's help on the programming sequence

what did you use to reprogram.......
i guess how did you know which one did what

Last edited by jjkjr; 01-26-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:39 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jjkjr
what did you use to reprogram.......
i guess how did you know which one did what
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/help-2...x5/#post592670
Old 12-08-2017, 05:27 PM

Hello,
I am hoping someone may be able to steer me in the proper direction. I have a 2010 F150 with factory remote start with the single button FOB. I purchased the truck used and it only came with one remote start FOB. I have purchased another and understand that it will need to be "programmed". I have looked up the procedure and am attempting to locate the "remote start system override button". I am unable to find anything with a button on it. I am attaching a photo of the only thing that looks somewhat like the button I have seen in my online search. Am I missing something or is this indeed what I am looking for and where is the "button" portion of this ? Thank you for any help.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:36 PM

Someone ?? ANyone ??
Old 12-15-2017, 12:56 AM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1 button remote

Yes thats the button .in this order 1 foot on brake 2 turn key to the on 3 hold button in side black cap for over 10 seconds will honk 3 times then push the remote button if you push it more than 8 times it will knock out all the old remotes
Old 12-15-2017, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by badcat
Yes thats the button .in this order 1 foot on brake 2 turn key to the on 3 hold button in side black cap for over 10 seconds will honk 3 times then push the remote button if you push it more than 8 times it will knock out all the old remotes
Thank you. The problem I'm having is that there is NO button. The wire is obviously there but, the end is open with metal tab like pieces exposed. I wasn't sure if I was looking at the right thing or if something had happened to the switch.
Thank you again.

Quick Reply: Where is the program button for remote start