Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weathertech floor mats removing double posts drivers side?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Weathertech floor mats removing double posts drivers side?

Hi all!
I just got my weathertech floor liners today, and was wondering if anybody successfully removed the two floor posts on the drivers side without destroying them.
I thought I have seen a post with pictures on here before, but I searched for an hour now and can't find it.
Any help? Thanks a lot!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Your Ad Here

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Just bumped one up for you...
Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 PM

Thanks a lot, that's what I was looking for. Got it done already!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why remove them? My DigiFits snapped right on the posts
Old 02-04-2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by RetCW3
Why remove them? My DigiFits snapped right on the posts
Yeah, true. I figured that out after the fact. It only took seconds though to take them out, and it would take even fewer seconds to put the posts back in.
This morning, I thought I'd put them back in after finding this info in another thread, but after looking at it, I won't. I have the "over the hump" mats (one piece driver and passenger), and they won't move at all even without the posts. This way, I won't have to find the posts position when putting them in. Either way is fine, I guess ....
Old 02-04-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

What year are you all's F150's? I ordered the Weathertechs for my '12 XLT and the fit was terrible in them. Talked to the rep and they said nothing they can do. So he sent me the front that have no hump in em and see if that will work. Kinda dissapointed in them for the price I paid. Hope these others will fit better. I will say tho..they are sending the other set free of charge, so kudos on thier CS.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:27 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

if you want mats without the hump Aries brand is much better quality, they are rubber instead of plastic like the weathertechs so they arent slippery and they cover the same as the weathertechs. they also have a lifetime warranty vs the weathertechs 3 year warranty.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '12 F-150 XLT Scab. I have the 2 piece Weathertech DigiFit front, and the Weathertech standard rubber rear. I went this way as really no one, or nothing will be in the back. Yeah, the DigiFit are slippery. But nothing that is that bad. Also, for what it does matter, I'm not that impressed with the fit of the rear. But since really no one will ever be in the back, I can live with it. And if I do put anything on the rear floor, it doesn't slide around.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Raxus
What year are you all's F150's? I ordered the Weathertechs for my '12 XLT and the fit was terrible in them. Talked to the rep and they said nothing they can do. So he sent me the front that have no hump in em and see if that will work. Kinda dissapointed in them for the price I paid. Hope these others will fit better. I will say tho..they are sending the other set free of charge, so kudos on thier CS.
Mine is a '12 XLT, and they fit very well. I have the over the hump mat in the front. See here:
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/instal...s-pics-135875/
Have you tried without the posts in the floor? I noticed the holes in mine do not line up 100% with the location of the floor posts. Maybe in the end it was a good idea to remove them? The posts can be taken off and put back in seconds.

Originally Posted by SultanGris
if you want mats without the hump Aries brand is much better quality, they are rubber instead of plastic like the weathertechs so they arent slippery and they cover the same as the weathertechs. they also have a lifetime warranty vs the weathertechs 3 year warranty.
I compared the weathertech's, Aries and Huskies in the store, and liked the weathertech's the best. I don't think the warranty matters much, how would these ever break? I had the weathertech's in my previous truck for 6 years and they were still like new.

Last edited by flixden; 02-05-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:43 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

Yea the rear weather tech sucks but it was the only full rear floor one I could find that goes under the seats and over the sills. I made a under seat storage box so now I really don't need coverage there but the box holds it down so it doesn't slide anymore.

Quick Reply: Weathertech floor mats removing double posts drivers side?