Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in the back-up camera

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Water in the back-up camera

Well,I finally had enough with the condensation in the backup camera.It looked like a piece of waxed paper was on the lens.So I call the local ford dealer and they said come on down.I sat down with some **** service writer and said...there is water in the camera lens...can't see nothing.He says we will need it for 2 hours to do a water spray test...HUH???? and I say I've already done that.....there is water in it.!!He says[it might be a gasket leaking because there are 4 parts that come apart] I say ...REALLY???? Not a very good design in my opinion.Then I mention that a lot of owners that live in damp climates have this problem...a few seconds of silence on his part. I left.Got back to the shop and popped the rear cover and camera assembly out....HMMM....this dinky little camera is a completely sealed chunk of plastic[hot fused glued] You guessed it...I call and ask for the **** service bulls%&*ter and say hey.... I popped out that camera in 5 minutes and it's a glued one piece unit . It's no good...bad sealing job very obvious.He says if I touch anything he has the right to decline any warranty work..I said No you won't!..This is just the beginning....stay tuned folks P.S. a Nanaimo Ford DEALER in B.C.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took a drive back down to my local ford Dealer this morning and spoke with the service manager about the previous encounter with the Service Advisor.Within 15 minutes a replacement camera was installed and I was a happy camper.....Thanks John [MENTION=10987]ford[/MENTION] nanaimo
Old 03-02-2015, 11:06 PM

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts

That a boy! Get 'em.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Project White Fang

Received 262 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by deanfx
That a boy! Get 'em.
get emmmmm

Quick Reply: Water in the back-up camera