Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voice Command button stopped working

Old 08-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Received 337 Likes on 213 Posts

Default Voice Command button stopped working

This morning when I got into my truck, I pushed the VOICE button on my steering wheel and didn't get a response. Nothing, nada, zip. All other steering wheel controls work. This is a 2010 Platinum with Navigation.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2010 King Ranch with nav. here's what mine does : occationly my voice button will stop working, but instead it activates the phone end/redial cue on the screen when pressed, if pressed again it redials last number. I was already at Ford service and they replaced the stearing wheel button.....but it started again. Someone mentioned to me it may be the cell phone ( possible upgrade to bluetooth program ). are you synced to a phone whern this happens? I have Blackberry curve ( Verizon ) and trying to get it straightened out too.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:43 PM

Received 337 Likes on 213 Posts

Update... I went out to my truck at lunch and all is working again. Weird.

However, I up until last week my nav unit was paired with my Blackberry. Now it is paired with my Android phone. Not sure if something with this caused the issue, but I'll keep watch.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had some strange things happen with my truck as well. Got in it the other day and the radio or the SYNC did not work. I shut it off and restarted it and everything was fine. Also went to turn the back window defrost on yesterday and the light did not work when the button was pushed. Now all the sudden it works fine. Crazy!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:24 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Default SYNC Problems

Mine, too. SYNC, like any other computer program, will occasionally stop working without any obvious reason. Sometimes turning everything off and back on again will reset things. Once, when that didn't help, I had to do the "master reset": disconnect the battery, let it sit for 15 minutes and reconnect. Everything worked fine after that. Saved a trip to the dealer.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 PM
WTPA

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like a typical microsoft product..lol
Old 08-31-2010, 12:11 AM
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢®

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah mine's flipped out like that once before too. I was driving around and stopped and shut the truck off to fill up with gas. When I got back in it and started it up, as I was pulling away from the pump, I noticed the stereo display wasn't on, and it jumped to playing the radio instead of my USB drive...

I pulled into a parking spot there at the gas station and fiddled with it for a second or two and couldn't get it to respond. None of the steering wheel controls were working.

Then I shut the truck off, popped open the door to shut the stereo off, then started the truck back up, and all was well

Only happened to me once so far though. That's the bad thing about basically having a computer for a stereo... it's going to glitch every once in a while.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:40 PM

Back to the dealer again over the voice activaton and phone button not working at times, it was acting up and they got on phone with ford techs, after testing they found that it appears to be the clock spring. it is losing contact and cross contacts as stearing wheel is turned at misc. times. Hope the replacement works.....
Old 09-09-2010, 08:06 PM
"Hold My $tone$"

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullgator150
Also went to turn the back window defrost on yesterday and the light did not work when the button was pushed. Now all the sudden it works fine. Crazy!
I thought my rear defroster was malfunctioning but found the rear window wasn't closed all the way. I shut the window and the defroster light came on.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:23 PM

Default Voice activation

My voice activation stopped years ago. replaced the switch. reset the bluetooth. nothing works. Ford has been no help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Voice Command button stopped working