Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viper Remote Start installed...SWEET!!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper Remote Start installed...SWEET!!

I just had a Viper 5301 remote start put on my truck yesterday. Let me begin by saying that thing is nice. This system is the 2 way remote that gives you confirmation that the vehicle did start/lock/unlock, etc. It has been hovering around 100 degrees here in SC for the last few weeks and this is a welcome addition. This morning I had a meeting and a few minutes before I left the building I hit the remote start button, got the confirmation and when I got out in the truck about 5 minutes later it was already cooled way down. You just have to remember to leave the A/C on high when you get out of the truck.

I opted for the Viper system without the alarm. The alarm & remote start model is the Viper 5701. I did not want to fool with an alarm or loose the ability to use the keypad on the door. The installer did a great job and everything is working perfectly. Now if there was just a way to get the cooled seats to come on with the remote start that would be perfect.

Anyway, I just wanted to post this for others who may be considering a remote start. I was going to get the factory 6 button system but was convinced by several people that the Viper would be better due to a much longer range and for the 2 way confirmation. The Viper remote is smaller than the factory keyless remote so that's also a nice plus.

SCScrew
Old 06-25-2010, 02:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love my remote start. Can't wait until deer season when I'm warm in bed and I hit the switch and get into a warm pickup.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:55 PM
2010 FX4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the 5701 on my truck a couple weeks ago and it works great here in AZ. You can still use your keypad to unlock your doors, it just doesn't control the alarm.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:26 PM

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by delirious
Love my remote start. Can't wait until deer season when I'm warm in bed and I hit the switch and get into a warm pickup.
Only to go back out into the cold and sit in a tree stand for several hours....
Old 06-25-2010, 09:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark_Wizard
Only to go back out into the cold and sit in a tree stand for several hours....
I made 4X4 foot blind and it has a heater with clear windows.....I'm too old to freeze anymore.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:48 PM

I have a remote start on my new toy...and I can't wait to need it. I live near Fairbanks, Alaska and it's common in the winter to hit -50F! Even with plugging in the vehicle, it's still colder than ****. It'll be nice to start the car a few minutes before I have to leave, without having to bundle up!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Thawing Out

Congrats on a good decision. Have you tested your range at all? I'll be putting in a system on the new 2010 sometime before winter and I thought I had decided on a Compustar (and it's likely I'll still go this way) but now I'm considering a couple of the DEI's such as the Viper.

-Frozen
Old 06-26-2010, 12:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 5701 and LOVE it!! Also got the SMART START where you can use your iPhone. Was hesitant at first, but I love it. It's come in handy a few times. Need to get the sensitivity turned down on the vib sensor. Had a couple of false alarms.

The biggest downside to the system is the remote. If you keep it in your pocket, any time you sit or push against the pocket, it will push the buttons and cause this beeping.

Other than that....
Old 06-21-2011, 03:04 PM
http://Claravenger.com

Anyone install a 5701 on a 2011 F-150? The installer just turned me away and said that Ford changed the ignition encryption in 2011 to 128bit and they don't have codes yet. Was he just being lazy?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Ford OEM 200 series remote start and alarm system on my 2011.
I installed it but couldn't get it to work until dealer activated it with their computer.
Maybe that's what the installer was referring to??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Viper Remote Start installed...SWEET!!