Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very special Sync issue.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts
Default Very special Sync issue.

Has anyone had any luck calling about fixing certain Sync issues? Has tech support been helpful? Horrible?

I bought my truck used here in the U.S. It is originally a truck from Canada that was imported and sold at auction to a dealer. Canadian Sync versions are missing some features that U.S. trucks have which I would like to get. But let's start with the first issue.

On the owner.ford.com website I cannot confirm that Sync 4.4 is installed on my truck no matter what I do. Small problem but I don't want it to block me from any future software updates.

Second issue. I have determined that the APIM settings are different between U.S. trucks and Canadian trucks with my style of radio. I have changed my APIM line code to U.S. models. Now I can't be certain but I do not believe I had VHR or Sync Services as well as Mobile Apps pop up before but they are now there. Sync Services does respond but I don't have a subscription and Mobile Apps works but the VHR does not connect each time I try. Are there software updates different between Canadian and U.S. vehicles or is it one universal update but the APIM line code determines the options?

So after a PM to the IV team I did get a quick response but I was referred to a Ford Canada tech support line. I am not in Canada nor have I ever lived in Canada and am not a Canadian citizen. I have been to Canada. It was lovely. The only thing that was Canadian was my truck and I would like to rectify that. I don't think it will do any good to call a Ford Canada line.

Also, I think the depth of my question involving the APIM programming and how it relates to the software may be beyond the scope of the basic forum tech support. Does anyone have a lead on a knowledgeable contact?
Old 06-29-2016, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Walker
Has anyone had any luck calling about fixing certain Sync issues? Has tech support been helpful? Horrible?

I bought my truck used here in the U.S. It is originally a truck from Canada that was imported and sold at auction to a dealer. Canadian Sync versions are missing some features that U.S. trucks have which I would like to get. But let's start with the first issue.

On the owner.ford.com website I cannot confirm that Sync 4.4 is installed on my truck no matter what I do. Small problem but I don't want it to block me from any future software updates.

Second issue. I have determined that the APIM settings are different between U.S. trucks and Canadian trucks with my style of radio. I have changed my APIM line code to U.S. models. Now I can't be certain but I do not believe I had VHR or Sync Services as well as Mobile Apps pop up before but they are now there. Sync Services does respond but I don't have a subscription and Mobile Apps works but the VHR does not connect each time I try. Are there software updates different between Canadian and U.S. vehicles or is it one universal update but the APIM line code determines the options?

So after a PM to the IV team I did get a quick response but I was referred to a Ford Canada tech support line. I am not in Canada nor have I ever lived in Canada and am not a Canadian citizen. I have been to Canada. It was lovely. The only thing that was Canadian was my truck and I would like to rectify that. I don't think it will do any good to call a Ford Canada line.

Also, I think the depth of my question involving the APIM programming and how it relates to the software may be beyond the scope of the basic forum tech support. Does anyone have a lead on a knowledgeable contact?
I've got a Canadian truck in the US as well, vehicle health report is one of the missing features. Though I've heard we aren't missing out on much there.

Ford says they have no way of making a Canadian flagged Sync system updated to a US system. I don't believe that for a second my self. It might be a very small edge case, but I'm certain its possible.

I was able to update my Sync setup a month or so ago to the latest and confirm on the site with the XML file that the update was successful.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:17 AM

Are you running 4.4 and do you have VHR , Sync Services and Mobile Apps in your menu?
Old 06-29-2016, 10:24 AM
OG

Received 243 Likes on 194 Posts

the "IV team" seems to be absolutely useless in 99% of issues from what I can gather.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Walker
Are you running 4.4 and do you have VHR , Sync Services and Mobile Apps in your menu?
I haven't dug into the menus again since my update, but I do not believe that I have those options available. I know for certain that I cannot ask Sync for a VHR - I'm met with a beep when I do.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by cmbezln
the "IV team" seems to be absolutely useless in 99% of issues from what I can gather.

I believe this is just beyond their scope. They are probably trained in how to go through the menus and do very minor problem solving but anything involving the actual software programming or how it relates to the APIM module will take someone who really knows Sync.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by kcarpenter528
I haven't dug into the menus again since my update, but I do not believe that I have those options available. I know for certain that I cannot ask Sync for a VHR - I'm met with a beep when I do.
With mine I get user preferences and if I want to run a VHR. When I do it says it is running but then I get the voice that says it can't connect at this time and to try later or something to that effect.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:10 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Hi Chad Walker,

I see you are having issues running the Vehicle Health Report. Make sure the vehicle is parked and running, and have the Wi-Fi setting on your phone turned Off. In regards to confirming the update, try using Internet Explorer or Edge. If the website does not read it for you, it will not interfere with notification about future updates.

Joy
Old 06-29-2016, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi Chad Walker,

I see you are having issues running the Vehicle Health Report. Make sure the vehicle is parked and running, and have the Wi-Fi setting on your phone turned Off. In regards to confirming the update, try using Internet Explorer or Edge. If the website does not read it for you, it will not interfere with notification about future updates.

Joy
I will try those things. WiFi was on since I was in my driveway and I use Chrome so I will give IE a shot. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:41 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

You're welcome, Chad Walker!

Let me know if you need anything.

Joy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Very special Sync issue.