Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle health report

Old 09-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle health report

Just came back from Indy today and on the way home with the radio completely off a womans voice came through the speakers and wanted to know if i wanted a vehicle health report and if so to push ok. It did this twice before i got home. My wife started laughing and asked what was that and thought i hit some button to do that but i didn't. I also didn't push ok to get report either. Does it do this every so often, i have never had that happen before?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:14 PM
sig

It is because you have your phone connected, It does it after a set amount of time to remind you. You can turn off the automatic VHR under the phone settings. I am not sure if this is of any value but I run it every once and a while.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by sig
It is because you have your phone connected, It does it after a set amount of time to remind you. You can turn off the automatic VHR under the phone settings. I am not sure if this is of any value but I run it every once and a while.

I haven't ever paired my phone with Sync since i have owned my truck.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:06 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

My phone is not yet paired with my truck either.

It is interesting though, she only calls when I am alone. Never when my wife is in the truck with me.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Hook'em Horns

Originally Posted by 79Darkknight
Just came back from Indy today and on the way home with the radio completely off a womans voice came through the speakers and wanted to know if i wanted a vehicle health report and if so to push ok. It did this twice before i got home. My wife started laughing and asked what was that and thought i hit some button to do that but i didn't. I also didn't push ok to get report either. Does it do this every so often, i have never had that happen before?
I was driving back from New Mexico and the same thing happened to me. Just out of nowhere the music stopped and it asked me if I wanted a vehicle health report, I thought I had hit a button also...good to know I didn't.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
I WANNA GO FAST!

Originally Posted by NorCal-09
My phone is not yet paired with my truck either.

It is interesting though, she only calls when I am alone. Never when my wife is in the truck with me.
lol awkward
Old 09-07-2009, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IT does it whether or not your phone is hooked up. It is set from the factory to go off every 5000mi,and it will keep going off no matter if you hit yes or no. You need to go into your phone section and turn it off or you can set it to remind you at 5000,7500 0r 10,000 mi. It drove me crazy until I turned it off.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Received 130 Likes on 90 Posts

I wish there was more vehicle specific information in the report. Its mostly just a reminder of what the pending maintenance schedule is. I wanted something more like an OnStar report with tire pressure, engine temp, oil life remaining, battery voltage, etc. Just things that I wouldn't normally have access to since my truck doesn't have the computer to show actual tire pressure, etc.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by 79Darkknight
I haven't ever paired my phone with Sync since i have owned my truck.
Do you make/receive calls via your phone and Sync hands-free? If so, your phone is paired with Sync (can happen automatically if the setting are right).
Old 09-08-2009, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by psmalley
Do you make/receive calls via your phone and Sync hands-free? If so, your phone is paired with Sync (can happen automatically if the setting are right).
No i have never messed with sync and hands free calling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vehicle health report