Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacume pump issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Vacume pump issue

Im so effin mad right now at my local dealership PG motors that its a good thing that its after hours and I have to wait the night to calm down before I go in there.

Couple months ago I went in because I was having braking issues when I first start the truck and they replaced my vacuum pump. Recently I started having probs again and when backing up I almost ran into a car because the brake pedal was hard. ( feels like there is no power assist) After two trips to the dealership they decided to attempt a fix.

They brought it in and performed a TSB for front brakes and charged me $125 for inspecting the rotors and said the TSB only covered the brake pads and ABS reprogram. I asked about the vacuum and if it could be faulted and they said the vacuum pump was working correctly and the hard pedal is just the way these trucks are. Which I found suspicious because I can see on my boost/vacuum gauge the loss of vacuum when I initially start the truck

I asked around to some other ecoboost owners and all said they don't have the symptoms I describe.

After almost running into someone else for the same hard brake pedal I started researching the internet and some people mentioned a blown vacuum pump fuse. I decided to go out an check mine this eve and lone behold a blown fuse.

Its so good that such care and quality repairs are happening. What makes the situation worse is I've had several similar experiences with this dealership with my mustang. Most recently them having to repaint my canopy and box side two weeks after buying my canopy because they scratched the box side up and chipped the canopy when changing my back window.

So frustrating!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:39 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

While it's good that the issue was simple to fix once you found it (fuse), you need to find out what caused the fuse to blow before it happens again.

Hope it all works out easy for ya!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:03 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

That sucks man! Ive never heard anything good about that dealership. Im dealing with Quesnel and I hope they meet my expectations. So far so good. Good luck with that issue. $125 to "inspect" rotors sounds fishy.

Last edited by bluedsteel; 01-30-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:17 AM

Received 705 Likes on 547 Posts

Sh@tty dealer if it was a Ford dealer I would call the manager and the F@rd cusomer line and definitely complain. But then again they have the crappiest customer service I have ever had the honor of dealing with, good luck man and good job finding the issue yourself, it is sad to say but there are many valuable internet resources that are better than Ford dealers, and this forum is one of them.
[MENTION=10987]ford[/MENTION] [MENTION=47652]FordService[/MENTION]
Old 01-30-2014, 07:23 AM

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Install a new fuse, drive to the dealer and install the blown fuse when you get there. Tell them it's still doing the exact same thing it's been doing and demand an answer. Ask them to drive another truck so they can show you that the hard pedal is just the way these trucks are. Once that's done have them drive yours around town... Who knows you may get lucky and they'll wreck it for you!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:19 AM

I'm going to go there this morn and let them have it. Pissed right off over this, esp since this issue has almost cause me a couple I accidents now.
I find the idea ridiculous that I should have to drive 3 hr round trip just to get better customer service. But I agree that when I was having problems with my mustang the Quesnel dealer is quite a bit better
Old 01-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberdude47
I'm going to go there this morn...
Hi cyberdude47,

I can document your feedback about this dealership for internal review. Send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, dealership name/location, and any details you'd like me to include. I'll get this entered into our system.

Crystal
Old 01-30-2014, 03:53 PM

Hi crystal,

I had a meeting with Sean and drazen this morning at 10:00 and explained my frustration in detail
They have my truck booked in in tues morn to try and reconcile this issue
Old 01-30-2014, 04:58 PM
POWWWERRR!!!!!

Received 167 Likes on 116 Posts

I would get away from that dealer!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:47 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberdude47
Hi crystal,

I had a meeting with Sean and drazen this morning at 10:00 and explained my frustration in detail
They have my truck booked in in tues morn to try and reconcile this issue
Sounds good, cyberdude47; let us know how things go on Tuesday.

Crystal

Quick Reply: Vacume pump issue