Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USB Port Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default USB Port Issues

Hello All,

I have a 2012 F-150 Lariat 4x4 with Navigation with voice control system. My USB port decided to stop recognizing my iPhone 6.

I read through various posts on this forum and others trying to locate a fix and nothing.

Previous to the USB port's death, the USB port had already been giving me previous issues while connected where music would all of sudden stop playing, and I would have to have to unplug/re-plug to be able to resume via USB, or just go with bluetooth audio without touching the cable to continue listening to my music.

I already did the master reset on the system settings as well as pulled and checked all radio fuses to make sure everything was in order. I tried a different USB cable to make sure (bought a new one and all) and nothing.

The only item I have not done is disconnectig battery terminal as I would really hate to do that, although if its possible to fix it I will try tonight when I get out of work.

I would really like to avoid having to take my car into Ford as I had a bad experience the last time I took it in for an oil pressure related issue just 3 weeks ago.

Thank you.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:24 AM

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Anything plugged into the OBD port? I can't say much, I use bluetooth instead. And a high power charger if I need to charge the phone. Only have a little Cruzer drive in usb. Do you have a reason to avoid bluetooth? iPhones work great with bt.

Quick Reply: USB Port Issues