Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade to BOSS Coilers/Blocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 08:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Upgrade to BOSS Coilers/Blocks

Within the next few months, I'm looking to upgrade from my standard leveling kit to the BOSS coilover kit with rear blocks as well. Does anyone have these coilovers/blocks on their truck? How would they ride compared to my standard leveling kit?

Also, if I got the kit(for my 2WD), I would probably set them at the top setting for the extra height and was hoping I may be able to stuff 35s. I've already done trimming for my current setup, so I was wondering if that may help in order to possibly fit them. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

I have a 2WD and have mostly what you are asking about and doing. I did not buy their blocks for the rear though. I found a set of brand new 15-16 stock 4WD rear blocks and U-bolts and used those. I wanted it to sit perfectly level and not have to push the front up too high.

With 33.25" tires (305/55/20) it raised my truck almost 5 inches in total. 2 inches from the added length of a 4WD shock versus 2WD, then another 2 inches from the leveling aspect that the coilover has, then 1 inch from the tires themselves.

If you have stock wheels or nearly a stock fitment wheel, you could possibly do 35's. I had to do a pretty fair amount of trimming, but I have a pretty aggressive fitment wheel. If yours tuck more into the wheel well like stock, you can get a bigger tire.

Overall the ride and feel is incredible. I was just about to update my personal thread on it now that I have almost 5k on everything. Not a squeak or squeal, handles great, and I'm sure does much better than a standard leveling kit.

Feel free to search my thread I made when I installed my kit and hopefully will help you out there as well.

Name:  IMG_3580_zpsssogtfin.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  293.2 KB
Old 04-20-2016, 12:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What size are the 15+ lift blocks? I'm looking for something shorter than the 09-14 1.25" blocks for my 2wd.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by TwoTall
What size are the 15+ lift blocks? I'm looking for something shorter than the 09-14 1.25" blocks for my 2wd.
They are the same as the stock 09-14. I just got those because they were new and were cheaper than old rusty looking used ones from 09-14 trucks that I found. Also new U-bolts and nuts as well. No real difference.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback TJPlatinum. Im glad to hear that those coilers will significantly increase the ride! If I'm not mistaken, those coilovers can be extended to 3" at the top setting right? And i may just go your route and upgrade to the rear shocks as well!:thumbs:

Oh yeah, and not to mention, truck looks beautiful!
Old 04-20-2016, 04:21 PM

Here's my rims as well, 18x9 method nv. From what it looks like, they're somewhat near the stock rims. Not completely sure about what offset they have though unfortunately.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:04 AM

Can you get a picture from the front to show how much they stick out from the fender? According to their website, that wheel in that size w/ our bolt pattern only comes in a +18 offset which is almost a flush fit with the fender.

If that is the case, then you may still have a bit of trimming to do, but can probably make it work. You may want to find a 34" tire just to be sure. The biggest challenge with mine is the factory fender flares at the back of the opening. The tire was catching the edge of it so it had to be trimmed quite a bit.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by TJPlatinumEB
Can you get a picture from the front to show how much they stick out from the fender? According to their website, that wheel in that size w/ our bolt pattern only comes in a +18 offset which is almost a flush fit with the fender.

If that is the case, then you may still have a bit of trimming to do, but can probably make it work. You may want to find a 34" tire just to be sure. The biggest challenge with mine is the factory fender flares at the back of the opening. The tire was catching the edge of it so it had to be trimmed quite a bit.
These tires that I have now are 295/70 which equal 34" pretty much. I had to trim a little when I got the setup but after the trimming I don't run at all. When I get home I will post a picture of the tire and fender. It won't let me post off my phone
Old 04-21-2016, 10:22 AM

Yep 34.25" at that size so if you only had to do a little bit of trimming, then you could quite possibly be fine to go up to 35's with the additional lift of the coilovers. I certainly don't want to say for certain, but if you already have 34's now, it could very well work.

What size leveling kit is on there now?

Quick Reply: Upgrade to BOSS Coilers/Blocks