Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**update** service advancetrac light

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **update** service advancetrac light

I brought my truck to the dealer with the service advancetrac light on and turn signals not working, they did a scan and told me that there is a tsb on the service light, but the turn signal they have not seen before. They also said I have a "boat load" of codes. They are calling ford to find out what to do. Going back tomorrow. It only has 3200 miles. I hope this is not a sign of things to come...
Old 08-22-2011, 05:32 PM

Dang, that sucks. "boat load" eh? that reminds me of a thread on here where some guy sank his F150 falling out of it on a boat ramp...

Good luck ... I bet you truck just got hacked by the Chinese and once Ford reboots your computer with a new version of F150 Code Version 2.3, you will be good to go... that is, until the Uzbeki hackers get through to you. You really need a firewall dude... just sayin'

Advance track... no turn signals.... hmmmm
Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by RED2011FX4
I brought my truck to the dealer with the service advancetrac light on and turn signals not working, they did a scan and told me that there is a tsb on the service light, but the turn signal they have not seen before. They also said I have a "boat load" of codes. They are calling ford to find out what to do. Going back tomorrow. It only has 3200 miles. I hope this is not a sign of things to come...
I have a 2011 F150 XLT 4X2 ECHOBOOST. The advancetrac light came on and the turn signals would not work. This happened after a real sharp turn I made towing a trailer. I turned the truck off and reseated the trailer wiring, restarted the truck and the light went off and everything worked fine until I went to park made a sharp turn on a hill. The light came back on with service advance trac warning. After the truck was restarted the light went out and once again everything worked fine. What did the dealer fine with your truck?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RED2011FX4

OH MY GOD i am goin through the same exact thing! and my power steeering is making a drilling mechanical noise. **** im gonna take it to the dealer tommorow this isnt good
Old 10-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Not Important Enough

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow that sucks to hear. I haven't had any problems so far. Knock on wood

Last edited by Scottsred11FX4; 10-12-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This happend to me too 2 weeks ago. Came to a stop. Made a right turn from the stop an the service advance track light came on. Stopped, cycled the key and it went away and hasn't returned. Whats this TSB all about? I want to take it in but dont want to be without my truck.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My service advancetrac light has come on like once per day when I am driving on a gravel road to work. Phoned dealer and he said its because of the road but I am going like 40km with no wheel spin or anything. Going to take it in, hope it doesn't get worse...
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 368 Likes on 286 Posts

Default Two more Service AutoTrac Warnings

Service AutoTrac has displayed in my truck twice. Once as I drifted to a stop with <500 lb load, the other time descending a hill with a trailer.

Both times the warning cleared upon re-starting the engine.

My dealer's service department says they don't have a clue why or what the problem could be.

3.5L XLT 4x4 5.5' bed 3.55LS
Old 10-17-2011, 07:09 PM

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Add another "Service AdvanceTrac" light...waiting to see if and how often it happens.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This happened to me twice as well, under hard acceleration on a dry gravel road. They told me it might have been because I was on a bit of an angle and it tried to engage. They made it sound like no big deal, but to me it should not say service advance trac for a routine event like engaging.

Quick Reply: **update** service advancetrac light