Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Universal Garage Door Opener - programming woes

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
High on the Hawg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Universal Garage Door Opener - programming woes

Anyone out there having problems w/ programming the Universal Garage Door Opener??

I have a '09 lariat w/ the UGDO option (nice acronym eh?) you know, the three-button thingy built into the sun visor.

I have followed the steps in owners manual (both methods) w/o success...my automatic garage door opener is a few years old, but I wouldn't think this would be a problem...any ideas??

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to change a setting on my garage door opener itself for the UGDO to work. Best of luck. After I changed the setting it was cake walk.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 PM

I have a Genie, it wouldn't work so I called Genie and they walked me through it. Works great now
Old 09-14-2009, 02:54 PM

No problems here. Don't have a Genie though, I think mine is a Mantech?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may have a newer garage door opener with a "rolling code" signal. There will be a programing button on your garage door unit (by unit I mean the actual drive unit hanging from the rafters of your garage) that you will need to push. After this is pushed proceed with holding the desired button in your truck until it is programed. The owners manual can explain this a lot better than I can.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Bye F150, hello F250

Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

I have a Sears model (2 actually) with the rolling code, it was a PITA, but it works. Follow the destructions carefully- maybe use a helping hand. You have to set the visor using a pre-programmed remote, then, program the opener in the garage to the visor module. Its 2 steps, takes a couple minutes, but it does work, and much better than my Chrysler universal remote did/does in the van, and Caliber.

S
Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 PM

Default Visor with Universal Garage Door Remote

Does anyone know if I can simply replace my visor with a visor that has Universal Garage Door Opener built in on my 2010 F150?
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 PM

I had problems programming mine. You have to follow the procedure to clear the old codes first, then the standard instructions work. I found the procedure to clear it by a google search.

Good luck
Old 07-23-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by CLKimmel
I had problems programming mine. You have to follow the procedure to clear the old codes first, then the standard instructions work. I found the procedure to clear it by a google search.

Good luck
If your handy, its cheaper to buy one off of eBay and DIY!

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/homelink-48494/

I just got done doing it myself and works like a charm. Took back my universal remote from Sears for $43.17 and now have the HOMELINK I got off of eBay for $20.51. Not only did I save money, but now I don't have an ugly eye sore floaiting around in my truck!

Hope this helps ya - and saves you some money!

Jon
Old 07-23-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by hawgnuts
Anyone out there having problems w/ programming the Universal Garage Door Opener??

I have a '09 lariat w/ the UGDO option (nice acronym eh?) you know, the three-button thingy built into the sun visor.

I have followed the steps in owners manual (both methods) w/o success...my automatic garage door opener is a few years old, but I wouldn't think this would be a problem...any ideas??

Thanks in advance!
I have not read the instructions in the User Manual - so forgive me if this is the same, but these are the instructions I followed when I installed my homelink and they worked perfectly.

I don't think my Homelink "flashed" though, after about 20 seconds it just came on solid... can't remember to be honest.

Try this link and see if it helps you any:

http://www.homelink.com/program_video.php

Hope all is well, it sure is a convenient accessory!

Jon

Quick Reply: Universal Garage Door Opener - programming woes