Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Underseat storage

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underseat storage

I had ordered the underseat storage bin that Ford makes but when it came in and I was able to see it I changed my mind. Too small, especially for $99.00.

So I ordered the Husky bin online, shipped to my door for about $130.00. Much nicer, much larger.

Here's a link to where I got mine if you're interested at all:

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...t-storage.html
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Just another member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks I got same husky as you and was underwhelmed, for the price. Then another guy on here bought up good point that it is better just to break out some wood and build what you want. He was right. I filed my purchase under, You Stupid, more money than brains.

In any event the Duha brand is even MORE outrageously expensive at $199 for what you get too.

Good luck.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:56 PM

No question about it, building one is probably the best option. I just didn't want to do it right now and needed some storage before hunting season. I thought that the Husky one, for just an additional $30 bucks over the tiny Ford one, was well worth it.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Just another member

Wait till you see it. All it does is some space left side under seat (if SCab).

The site you (and I) ordered from, and Husky site too, does not show what the F-150 version looks like - they just show the GM and Dodge applications. You will see.

Geez, the more I type this, the more I realize I wish I had one before I ordered one, so I could have talked myself out of it before I ordered one.

And, I say this being one who likes gimmicks and wastes money on same all the time (need to cut back a little).

Better than nothing though. Good luck.

Last edited by johnwill; 10-02-2009 at 07:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
yotehunter (01-22-2013)
Old 10-03-2009, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by johnwill
Wait till you see it. All it does is some space left side under seat (if SCab).

The site you (and I) ordered from, and Husky site too, does not show what the F-150 version looks like - they just show the GM and Dodge applications. You will see.

Geez, the more I type this, the more I realize I wish I had one before I ordered one, so I could have talked myself out of it before I ordered one.

And, I say this being one who likes gimmicks and wastes money on same all the time (need to cut back a little).

Better than nothing though. Good luck.
I already have it. The one for a Super Crew (w/o sub) goes the full length of the seat and is non-slip, unlike the Fod one. I guess I must be easy to please!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Just another member

That's great. As long as you like it. Mine was for Super Cab and only went under pass side seat due to jack etc being under the rest and in the way. I am glad it is a good unit for you that is all that counts. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:48 AM
CCIE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's great. As long as you like it. Mine was for Super Cab and only went under pass side seat due to jack etc being under the rest and in the way. I am glad it is a good unit for you that is all that counts. Good luck.
+

Just want to get your attention here, but....

Can we get some pics?

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Just another member

Good point, sorry.

Here, shown in the 09 SuperCab we have the Husky GearBox Underseat Storage System. Model 09261. About $115, free shipping, at Truckcustomizers, as well as many others.

Nice unit, but once I got it, I thought, wow, a lot of dough for this? Does the job though, so ok.
Attached Images   
Old 10-03-2009, 01:23 PM

Received 222 Likes on 151 Posts

I found the DU-HA for $169.95 at a local truck accessories store here in Cinti. Goes all the way across, but of course, you still gotta put the jack-in-the-box...

And I agree--that's still a sh-tload of money for what amounts to a very simple molded thermo-plastic tray...with a dumb name!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question

Good point, sorry.

Here, shown in the 09 SuperCab we have the Husky GearBox Underseat Storage System. Model 09261. About $115, free shipping, at Truckcustomizers, as well as many others.

Nice unit, but once I got it, I thought, wow, a lot of dough for this? Does the job though, so ok.

Hey, what rubber floor mat is that?

Quick Reply: Underseat storage