Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Truxedo b light 1704998

I did a search and could only find two people using this. It's a 18 inch led strip you put in the truck bed that runs off 3aa battery's. I am thinking about getting one and was just curious if its worth the 35.00 and to the people that do have them do they last?

KCCO
Suzuki14258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
Jedi Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Truxedo makes awesome covers. I know they offer lifetime warrantys on those, I'm not sure if they do for these lights.

35$ isnt bad. I'm sure you can hardvwire in a led light strip or buy something else for cheaper. Just depends on how much time you want to spend researching and during the install.
Tothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #3

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I have the B-light. Bought it new in April. It's nice for what it is. It's enough light to completely illuminate the bed at night with the cover closed. Just used it a few times on Friday night at the hunt club and a couple guys commented about it. I like that it's battery powered. We'll see how the batteries like the cold weather though.

FWIW, I use mine for maybe 10 minutes total per month and I'm still on the first set of batteries. LEDs have very little draw.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Click the image to open in full size.

I bought one for each side, heres a picture of one side to give you an idea of the light with a cover on.
2013 Black Lariat 4x4 Eco Scab 6.6 bed, 502a , Chrome Package, Max Tow, 3.73, 20x9 XD Hoss Wheels, Michelin LTX MS2's, Bak G2 Retractable Tonneau, Tailgate Step, Grillcraft Bumper Grill, Dee Zee Bedmat, Dee Zee Tailgate assist, 3DMAXpider Mats, Recon Tails, Swing Case Boxes, Truxedo Led Bed Lights. (USN Retired)
H-60 Electrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #5

I think I might buy one. I also found a deal for the same price for the truxedo b light you wire in. It's not something I would use much is one reason I was considering the one that installs in a few minutes vs a few hours.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #6

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki14258 View Post
I think I might buy one. I also found a deal for the same price for the truxedo b light you wire in. It's not something I would use much is one reason I was considering the one that installs in a few minutes vs a few hours.
I'd go with the battery light if you aren't going to use it frequently. I didn't even permanently mount mine. It's adhered via the double stick tape provided to the bottom rail of my cover. Pushed it as far forward as I could reach from the lowered tailgate.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

thought about them but i read another post where a member used megabrite led strips

the advatage i see is that it's motion activated and i wont need to use an on off switch

Megabrite: Wireless - Motion Sensor - Undercabinet LED Lights - Under Counter Fixtures - Amazon.com Megabrite: Wireless - Motion Sensor - Undercabinet LED Lights - Under Counter Fixtures - Amazon.com
stevebass4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #8

Well I wound up getting the truxedo b light that runs off 12 volts. I got it for 38.00 off eBay which seemed like to good of a deal to pass up other wise I was going to get the one that runs off double a battery's.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:51 PM