Truck is going in this afternoon, progress thread - Page 30 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
Log In 


Truck is going in this afternoon, progress thread

Closed Thread
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #291
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 407
Thanked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
Yeah I seen a poster here get a buyback on a dodge ram and then bought a f150...thanks for the post
That was me. If there are any questions on CAMVAP let me know. It was a very pleasent experience, IMO.

http://natemeyer.ca/camvap - if you want to read about my experience
__________________
2013 Ford F-150, FX4, SCREW, 5.0L, 3.73
MEZERR is offline  
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 10-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #292
Resident Arsehole
 
HCFX2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 17,087
Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,096 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEZERR View Post
That was me. If there are any questions on CAMVAP let me know. It was a very pleasent experience, IMO.

http://natemeyer.ca/camvap - if you want to read about my experience
Huh. My transfer case does the same thing.

At any rate, CAMVAP seems like a huge PITA to me, especially with that massive presentation. Plus, my dealer is working with me, but the truck just keeps popping out more and more new issues every time I get it back from the dealer. I think with that in mind, I wouldn't be eligible for an arbitration.
__________________
2015 F-150 Lariat SCrew 3.5L Ecoboost - Tuxedo Black/Ebony - 502a package, Chrome Package, Technology Package, Max Trailer Tow w/trailer tow mirrors, Moonroof, 20" Chrome-like PVD wheels, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT, XPEL paint protection, 20% front window tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLobLaw View Post
If you've ever heard a newfoundler talk you'd think he was a minion
HCFX2013 is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #293
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 407
Thanked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour View Post
Huh. My transfer case does the same thing.

At any rate, CAMVAP seems like a huge PITA to me, especially with that massive presentation. Plus, my dealer is working with me, but the truck just keeps popping out more and more new issues every time I get it back from the dealer. I think with that in mind, I wouldn't be eligible for an arbitration.
Agreed. Keep everything documented, just in case the dealership gets fed-up, and stops it's willingness to help.

If your transfer grinds, and bangs, and pops out of 4x4 when engaged, I would investigate. They did take my TC apart, and found damage to the gears inside. FWIW
__________________
2013 Ford F-150, FX4, SCREW, 5.0L, 3.73
MEZERR is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #294
Resident Arsehole
 
HCFX2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 17,087
Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,096 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEZERR View Post
Agreed. Keep everything documented, just in case the dealership gets fed-up, and stops it's willingness to help.

If your transfer grinds, and bangs, and pops out of 4x4 when engaged, I would investigate. They did take my TC apart, and found damage to the gears inside. FWIW
I scan all of my service records, and I downloaded an app on my iphone that will record a call when I talk to my dealer/CSM if crap hits the fan. I'm going to talk to my CSM about working on a trade-in value that is satisfactory before I even attempt a CAMVAP arbitration.

Yeah, it's been like that for awhile. The rear end slips, I stop and engage 4HI and I can hear it click underneath me, then I go to accelerate and it grinds and eventually slams into 4wd.
__________________
2015 F-150 Lariat SCrew 3.5L Ecoboost - Tuxedo Black/Ebony - 502a package, Chrome Package, Technology Package, Max Trailer Tow w/trailer tow mirrors, Moonroof, 20" Chrome-like PVD wheels, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT, XPEL paint protection, 20% front window tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLobLaw View Post
If you've ever heard a newfoundler talk you'd think he was a minion
HCFX2013 is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #295
Senior Member
 
RES4CUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Manassas Va
Posts: 7,566
Thanked 1,099 Times in 869 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour View Post
I scan all of my service records, and I downloaded an app on my iphone that will record a call when I talk to my dealer/CSM if crap hits the fan. I'm going to talk to my CSM about working on a trade-in value that is satisfactory before I even attempt a CAMVAP arbitration. Yeah, it's been like that for awhile. The rear end slips, I stop and engage 4HI and I can hear it click underneath me, then I go to accelerate and it grinds and eventually slams into 4wd.
That's just gears meshing, if you go into 4wd before you start slipping then it won't be as bad.
__________________
2010 F150 STX Scab 4.6 3V, 6Spd, 3.73 LS diff, SCT X3 with 5 Star custome tunes, Bilinvic retrofit HIDs with FX heads, SGM buckets, flat black orbit shrouds, Morimoto 5Five ballasts, 5000k 5Five bulbs, and Evox-R projectors, Auto headlight mod, added TBC, Kenwood DDX 616 with rear cam, SGM Scorche HU surround, Infinity speakers x 4 and Sound Ordinance sub, Nitto TG 275/70-18s,
RES4CUE is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #296
Resident Arsehole
 
HCFX2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 17,087
Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,096 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Truck is back at the dealer. Also added the front end knock, speaker rattle and passenger door rattle to the list. Seems like deja vu.
__________________
2015 F-150 Lariat SCrew 3.5L Ecoboost - Tuxedo Black/Ebony - 502a package, Chrome Package, Technology Package, Max Trailer Tow w/trailer tow mirrors, Moonroof, 20" Chrome-like PVD wheels, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT, XPEL paint protection, 20% front window tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLobLaw View Post
If you've ever heard a newfoundler talk you'd think he was a minion
HCFX2013 is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #297
Senior Member
 
mamonti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DuBois, Pa.
Posts: 1,383
Thanked 210 Times in 169 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

What!!!! saw this today!!!

__________________
2012 XLT EcoBoost Scab 8' bed 3.31 gears 4X4
getting 18.3, 11,300 miles lifetime 17.3
mamonti is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #298
Senior Member
 
JWM1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 432
Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Sorry to hear about your truck being back in the shop already, but I feel your pain...mine is there for the famous condensation issue and a catalytic converter that is less than perfect. Hopefully they'll get mine fixed right the first time and I won't have to go back. Good luck with yours.
JWM1986 is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #299
Resident Arsehole
 
HCFX2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 17,087
Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,096 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamonti View Post
What!!!! saw this today!!!

Pfft..I would never put such a fugly bumper on my truck, even if it had my name written on it.
__________________
2015 F-150 Lariat SCrew 3.5L Ecoboost - Tuxedo Black/Ebony - 502a package, Chrome Package, Technology Package, Max Trailer Tow w/trailer tow mirrors, Moonroof, 20" Chrome-like PVD wheels, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT, XPEL paint protection, 20% front window tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLobLaw View Post
If you've ever heard a newfoundler talk you'd think he was a minion
HCFX2013 is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #300
Two Milkmen Go Comedy!
 
03f15012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North Charleston, SC
Posts: 12,146
Thanked 253 Times in 230 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to 03f15012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour View Post

Pfft..I would never put such a fugly bumper on my truck, even if it had my name written on it.
But I thought your name was eric... you go all name changish on me?
__________________
Build thread, because everyone likes another build thread to go with the thousands of others!

http://www.f150forum.com/f78/03f150s...thread-244877/
03f15012 is online now  
Old 10-21-2013, 04:58 PM
 
 
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.