Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission moan 3.7v6

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission moan 3.7v6

So I recently bought my 2014 f150 v6 3.7 STX. I now have 13000 miles on it and it has been making a moan through the shift of every gear. It's most apparent when cold but I can hear it all day long. I took it back to the dealer where I purchased it, Mac Haik Ford-Houston, tx, and the want it to sit for 2+ days before they will even look at it! The service advisor took a ride with me and said it sounds like the transmission however still nothing is done. They've asked me if I had an extended service plan to cover the cost of a rental, my response at the time, because this has gone on for two weeks now, was "it has 12000 miles, what do I need an extended service plan for? It under factory warranty!!!! The dealer is now not returning my calls and has offered nothing for help. This is my second truck from them, WTH?!?! Can anyone tell me what to do? Currently these jokers expect me to rent a truck from them so mine can sit while they wait to get it in the shop. They say it's gonna take a week once it's in. 7 days of rental will be around $700. That's more than my note! Come on Ford!
Old 08-14-2015, 12:16 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Default Transmission moan 3.7v6

Standard warranty doesn't cover the cost of a rental, you could call around and ask some other speakers if they offer free rentals. Besides that, if you don't like the way your dealer is handling you then take your truck back and live with the noise, nothing they are doing is out of the norm nor does it sound outrageous.

You could try hitting up ford head quarters and explain the situation (calmly) and they might cover the cost of a rental, but they don't have to
Old 12-04-2015, 03:03 PM

That must be in Canada... I've never paid for a loaner in the US when the car is under warranty, sucks to be Canadian I guess!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 03:10 PM

swayh20 I have the same issue and the dealer heard the noise sent it to the transmission shop and the outcome was to put the E-brake on before putting the transmission into park... I went back after checking out some threads and found there are many F150's with the same issue and the ones that got it fixed pointed to a TSB 13-4-15. I'll bet you my next two pay checks that when that noise is going you can go grab the trans cooler lines and they are vibrating then go back in and goose the gas which will get rid of the noise go and grab the trans cooler lines again and they aren't vibrating. You can also make the noise come back by shifting into other gears. I have noticed a slip in the transmission specially going from 3rd - 4th gear. By the way the idiot at the shop who said the parking brake would take care of the issue, it doesn't!!! They told me that my VIN is not on the TSB so there's nothing they can do for me. If there's a Ford technical person that reads this thread and can help us out that would be great. Thank you.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Yeah maybe it's only in Canada, doesn't really suck to be Canadian though,

Quick Reply: Transmission moan 3.7v6