Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default trading my 2012 to get a sync update!!

I mean can you tell me why there hasn't been one update for us 2011-2012 owners? I know I don't have the factory nav,,, but I know the big deal when I bought the truck was that they could and would update the sync system! Now I see an update for the 2013 models???? Are you kidding me.... and yes when we see an update for sync we say,,, great!!! only to find out that it isn't for our trucks!!! I hope you realize I am joking about getting a new truck for a sync update but it is almost as ridiculous as Ford not caring about all their customers that have a crappy system that works now and then if at all! I do have other problems such as the limp mode,,, vibration when starting out and an occasional vent mode sticking in defrost that I am waiting for them to correct before I spend 4 trips hoping..... isn't a TBS suppose to be a technical service bulletin??? it seems that Ford has introduced a new version,,,, The TBG,,,, the technical service guess!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #2

Its not that I am trying to bash Ford as I own 3 vehicles, a Ford,, and a Ford,,, and oh yeah and a Ford!!! I have been pleased with my 06 Mustang,,,,, best of the Ford products I own,,, not one failure. The 00 Ranger,,,, well,,,, I beat the heck out of that and it just keeps running,,,, Sure I have put control arms and ball joints in it but I also use it to plow! then comes the newest and most expensive Ford,, my 12 F150 and it isn't that it has a couple of problems it is Ford hasn't been able to fix the problems!! So I would yell at my kids if they don't do their homework or make the same mistake time after time so guess what Ford,,,, I will treat you just like one of the kids!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Funny you ask, I was in a web conversation with syncmyride today and asked the very same question out of curiosity and because the 12 had a newer version than the 11 and the 13 newer than 12, why wouldn't they update it, they could not answer my question. What they did say was they do not know when updates come til just before they hit the street.

This forum its people and experience is the best thing the F150 has going for it.
caperj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:28 AM   #4

yeah and the rate they are going by the time it hits the street the sync system will be absolute! They are making the 14's next month,, I think,,, so they have had 3 years on the 2011 and 2 on the 2012's and not one update???? LOVELY! I wonder if Ford Customer Service Rep will chime in? Hey Ford,,,, change it from Syncmyride to,,,, how about this,,,,,, Fixmyride!!

Last edited by mamonti; 08-31-2013 at 02:31 AM.
mamonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamonti View Post
I mean can you tell me why there hasn't been one update for us 2011-2012 owners? I know I don't have the factory nav,,, but I know the big deal when I bought the truck was that they could and would update the sync system! Now I see an update for the 2013 models???? Are you kidding me.... and yes when we see an update for sync we say,,, great!!! only to find out that it isn't for our trucks!!! I hope you realize I am joking about getting a new truck for a sync update but it is almost as ridiculous as Ford not caring about all their customers that have a crappy system that works now and then if at all! I do have other problems such as the limp mode,,, vibration when starting out and an occasional vent mode sticking in defrost that I am waiting for them to correct before I spend 4 trips hoping..... isn't a TBS suppose to be a technical service bulletin??? it seems that Ford has introduced a new version,,,, The TBG,,,, the technical service guess!!!

I feel your pain as I have a 2012 Ford FX4 with nav. I am pretty sure the update for the 2013's was to fix all the lots and lots of problems with them. My wife has a 2013 Ford Explorer limited with MFT and it was riddled with problems. My truck on the other hand I have had very few problems with. I hope that you get all of your problems fixed soon though.
hemi9673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have an 11 with SYNC. Had it updated at the dealer when it started acting up, but it has never seemed to work right. I stopped using it a long time ago. In my view, it's pretty much useless.
flamebluef150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:34 PM