Towing help please - Page 2 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Towing help please

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,620
Thanked 455 Times in 307 Posts
Default

Cool glad I explained all that for nothing. Good stuff.
jcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
cerhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: northwest
Posts: 435
Thanked 47 Times in 30 Posts
Default

last time I rented heavy equipment they made sure I was ok to tow with the truck which was a 2500 diesel silverado, if I would have shown up in my half ton they wouldn't let me take it.
cerhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
Inebriated 4 ur safety
 
Al Kohalic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,524
Thanked 884 Times in 479 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post
Cool glad I explained all that for nothing. Good stuff.
That is why I quit explaining it.
Al Kohalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ONTARIO
Posts: 17
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post
Cool glad I explained all that for nothing. Good stuff.

You're explanation wouldn't really help anyhow.

I know a few things about towing etc., and hardly made sense of it....just saying.


Little tidbit of info for the OP:

Tow Ratings are always measured with a driver, and the weight of truck, anything you ad comes off that number. (ie. take your dog [MENTION=129256]100[/MENTION] pounds, need to minus his weight from the rating)

The two most important and strait forward numbers are the GVWR: Gross Vehicle Weight Rating and the GCWR: Gross Combined Weight Rating

When you're fully loaded, don't have more than the GVWR on the trucks 4 tires (7200# in you're case), that includes passengers, cargo, trailer tongue weight, and don't total more than the GCWR (15500 in your case) overall. Stay within those numbers, the manufacturer says you're safe.

Having said all that, for the $50 or whatever, it's not even worth considering, let them do it.
2012 XTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,620
Thanked 455 Times in 307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 XTR View Post

You're explanation wouldn't really help anyhow.

I know a few things about towing etc., and hardly made sense of it....just saying.

Little tidbit of info for the OP:

Tow Ratings are always measured with a driver, and the weight of truck, anything you ad comes off that number. (ie. take your dog [MENTION=129256]100[/MENTION] pounds, need to minus his weight from the rating)

The two most important and strait forward numbers are the GVWR: Gross Vehicle Weight Rating and the GCWR: Gross Combined Weight Rating

When you're fully loaded, don't have more than the GVWR on the trucks 4 tires (7200# in you're case), that includes passengers, cargo, trailer tongue weight, and don't total more than the GCWR (15500 in your case) overall. Stay within those numbers, the manufacturer says you're safe.

Having said all that, for the $50 or whatever, it's not even worth considering, let them do it.
Right.... I'll put my class A doubles,triples,tankers, and hazmat license and experience back in my pocket.
jcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ONTARIO
Posts: 17
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post
Right.... I'll put my class A doubles,triples,tankers, and hazmat license and experience back in my pocket.
No one cares about the qualifications if they don't understand what you're saying. Just explain it in english, don't worry about trying to seem smart..
2012 XTR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 Ford F150 Truck New Body Style Power Heated Turn Signal Upgrade Dual Arm Towing 1ATony Vendor Showcase 12 09-14-2016 02:57 PM
How To: 2015 F-150 Front Bumper/Tow Hook Removal boozinbuzz 2015 - Present Ford F150 7 06-02-2016 02:25 AM
First time towing with 2015 3.5 L eco-boost ADM1953 2015 - Present Ford F150 1 09-13-2015 10:40 PM
Need more towing capacity Duffman178 1987 - 1996 F150 8 09-11-2015 05:28 PM
2015 5.0 towing experience compared to 2011-14 5.0 Bullitt76 2015 - Present Ford F150 9 09-08-2015 08:29 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com