Tow Mirror Running Lights - Page 7 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Tow Mirror Running Lights

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #61
...is a sweet ride
 
GunnarzF150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 354
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default

I want running lights primarily, turn signals secondarily.

Yea, the corner of the assembly is the issue, it becomes more art than science mounting at that point. I'm even thinking of mounting 2 of your led lights, one on the end and another about an inch or two away towards the front...but I'm not clear on what's going to ACTUALLY occur
GunnarzF150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #62
Meaner than ymeski56
Thread Starter
 
XtraLargeTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
Posts: 21,808
Thanked 447 Times in 326 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarzF150 View Post
I want running lights primarily, turn signals secondarily.

Yea, the corner of the assembly is the issue, it becomes more art than science mounting at that point. I'm even thinking of mounting 2 of your led lights, one on the end and another about an inch or two away towards the front...but I'm not clear on what's going to ACTUALLY occur
I thought of that too but I think the front facing is more important for me. I also think the mirrors are angled back enough that you can see it a bit from the side.
XtraLargeTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #63
...is a sweet ride
 
GunnarzF150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 354
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default

I took one serious look at the mirror positioning, but will need to do again, preferably with an actual light unit to see positioning, viewability, and with the mirror opened so the mounting restrictions are seen. There's a lot going on and a several goals to achieve. I'm dead in the water until I have a light and a basic plan. And I still need a bit more info as well (where/how the wiring is done).
GunnarzF150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #64
Meaner than ymeski56
Thread Starter
 
XtraLargeTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
Posts: 21,808
Thanked 447 Times in 326 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarzF150 View Post
I took one serious look at the mirror positioning, but will need to do again, preferably with an actual light unit to see positioning, viewability, and with the mirror opened so the mounting restrictions are seen. There's a lot going on and a several goals to achieve. I'm dead in the water until I have a light and a basic plan. And I still need a bit more info as well (where/how the wiring is done).
Well I'll be sure to take lots of pictures when I do mine.
XtraLargeTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #65
...is a sweet ride
 
GunnarzF150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 354
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraLargeTall View Post
Well I'll be sure to take lots of pictures when I do mine.
Forums are awesome!

One member sent me a couple PMs on how to take off skull caps without breaking mirror, mirror clips, skull cap clips. Without his help I WOULD have broken things.

I directed a member to be able to sell his take-offs for a few bucks rather than toss away, so both people can benefit.

Another member bought my black textured skull caps to replace his 'toasted' caps and offset my expense of the chrome caps I installed. So we both got a good deal.

The cool benefits of learning, doing a better job, getting relatively fair and seeing other peoples experiences is invaluable. Pics are golden.
The list goes on...
GunnarzF150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #66
Meaner than ymeski56
Thread Starter
 
XtraLargeTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
Posts: 21,808
Thanked 447 Times in 326 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarzF150 View Post

Forums are awesome!

One member sent me a couple PMs on how to take off skull caps without breaking mirror, mirror clips, skull cap clips. Without his help I WOULD have broken things.

I directed a member to be able to sell his take-offs for a few bucks rather than toss away, so both people can benefit.

Another member bought my black textured skull caps to replace his 'toasted' caps and offset my expense of the chrome caps I installed. So we both got a good deal.

The cool benefits of learning, doing a better job, getting relatively fair and seeing other peoples experiences is invaluable. Pics are golden.
The list goes on...
Exactly! I got a set of front mudflaps for the cost of shipping because he got the same deal from someone else and he the same. Forums help out in so many different ways
XtraLargeTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #67
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
feifel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,350
Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraLargeTall
Well the LED strips look like crap on the mirror in any spot that would allow for the light to be seen. So I think I'm gonna order a pair of these:

Just gotta decide whether to get the side or rear exit. The rear exit requires a 3/8" hole to be drilled but it's more secure that way. Decisions, decisions.

And then hook them up to this: (should be a video)

Edit: can't get the video to post, I'll fix it when I get a chance

To act as a running light and signal all in one. Got the wiring diagram from the forum here
Where did u find the lights?
feifel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #68
Meaner than ymeski56
Thread Starter
 
XtraLargeTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
Posts: 21,808
Thanked 447 Times in 326 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feifel View Post

Where did u find the lights?
Here ya go:

https://www.trailerandtruckparts.com...er_p_1323.html
XtraLargeTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #69
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
feifel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,350
Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Thanks has anybody completed this mod yett ?
feifel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #70
Bacon Grower
5 Year Member
 
Hunttman01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 28,158
Thanked 169 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Subbed
Hunttman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Incredibly bright Led Mirror Puddle Lights Burke484 Lighting 16 10-19-2016 12:46 AM
2004 Ford F150 Truck New Body Style Power Heated Turn Signal Upgrade Dual Arm Towing 1ATony Vendor Showcase 12 09-14-2016 02:57 PM
New owner 1st truck! jfjk Introductions 9 01-20-2016 09:04 AM
Texas: Tow Mirrors (Stage3) 13fx4tx 2009 - 2014 Part Sales 3 09-08-2015 11:10 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com