Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Monitor Fault

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Tire Pressure Monitor Fault

Bought a new set of wheels and tires for my 2011 last summer. Had the local tire shop swap the wheels and tires with the factory wheels before winter. A couple weeks back, I swapped the aftermarket "summer" wheels back on myself. Couple days later, I'm getting a "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault" immediately when I start the truck. It first happened while I was driving home after work, but is now on constantly failing as soon as I start the truck. Its not saying low pressure, or bad sensor, but rather "tire pressure monitor fault"? What might be the cause of this? I checked the pressure and they are all within 2 psi of each other. Does it need to be calibrated, or is this error indicating something else in the system is faulty?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Ummmmmm..... Did you move the PSI sensors from the winter wheels to the summer ones? I think that they are in the tire stems, but some are on a strap inside the tire....just a thought....sounds like your vehicle is telling you that there is no information coming in to the sensor that reads out PSI when the tire spins past it.

Last edited by Adobe2X; 04-17-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM
2013 Ruby Red FX4 SCrew

Received 248 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenScrew
Bought a new set of wheels and tires for my 2011 last summer. Had the local tire shop swap the wheels and tires with the factory wheels before winter. A couple weeks back, I swapped the aftermarket "summer" wheels back on myself. Couple days later, I'm getting a "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault" immediately when I start the truck. It first happened while I was driving home after work, but is now on constantly failing as soon as I start the truck. Its not saying low pressure, or bad sensor, but rather "tire pressure monitor fault"? What might be the cause of this? I checked the pressure and they are all within 2 psi of each other. Does it need to be calibrated, or is this error indicating something else in the system is faulty?
Your truck has to 'relearn' the tires. There lots of how to's on the subject. I have/had the same issue. I have tried several How to's, but they didn't work. So I went back to the garage that origionally changed my tires. They fixed it in minutes....

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitor Fault