Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync and USB stick

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:14 PM
My 1st F-150!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sync and USB stick

Hey guys. Bought my truck in July '10. Haven't done any updates with the Sync system. Went on the site, and it said there were a couple updates for me. So I went out and got the memory stick. Got the site back up, but have no clue how to d/l the info. I follow the instructions--get the USB stick ready, insert it into port, then d/l to the stick--BUT, when I try and d/l it, the screen looks as though it's "thinking", but has a "next" button on the page. I wait forever for something to happen, but nothing does. Even when I click "next" nothing happens! Tried this twice, wthout results. So--what am I doing wrong? Or is there another way??
Old 02-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Fords For Life

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

it sounds like you are doing everything right in fact I just got done downloading the Sync Version Checker and I had no problems. I would call Ford or maybe a dealer has had this problem happen. Best of Luck!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:09 PM
My 1st F-150!

Originally Posted by 05FX4-
it sounds like you are doing everything right in fact I just got done downloading the Sync Version Checker and I had no problems. I would call Ford or maybe a dealer has had this problem happen. Best of Luck!
Thanks. Maybe I'll try just one at a time.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What browser are you using?
I had problems with Firefox & Chrome, I had to use IE to get the apps.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
"Hold My $tone$"

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sh1520
Hey guys. Bought my truck in July '10. Haven't done any updates with the Sync system. Went on the site, and it said there were a couple updates for me. So I went out and got the memory stick. Got the site back up, but have no clue how to d/l the info. I follow the instructions--get the USB stick ready, insert it into port, then d/l to the stick--BUT, when I try and d/l it, the screen looks as though it's "thinking", but has a "next" button on the page. I wait forever for something to happen, but nothing does. Even when I click "next" nothing happens! Tried this twice, wthout results. So--what am I doing wrong? Or is there another way??
My build was 12/09 and I've never updated my Sync, either. My BB Storm has always worked flawlessly with the version I have and I figured why mess with a good thing...............

The Sync always understands my voice, I don't have to shout, always pairs, keeps paired for 3 days unless I don't use the truck, streams Pandora, my phone book works...........see what I mean?

I was wondering why you were updating............ New phone?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:19 PM
My 1st F-150!

Originally Posted by f3rm1n
What browser are you using?
I had problems with Firefox & Chrome, I had to use IE to get the apps.
That's gotta be it!! I had the same problem with firefox and something else the other day!! I'll try IE
Old 02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
My 1st F-150!

Originally Posted by Bottom Dollah

My build was 12/09 and I've never updated my Sync, either. My BB Storm has always worked flawlessly with the version I have and I figured why mess with a good thing...............

The Sync always understands my voice, I don't have to shout, always pairs, keeps paired for 3 days unless I don't use the truck, streams Pandora, my phone book works...........see what I mean?

I was wondering why you were updating............ New phone?
No-- not phone. Said on the sync site that there were d/l's available for my sync/ truck

Quick Reply: Sync and USB stick