Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Sync Problem

Trying to pair my replacement Droid X, and nothing happens when I press the phone key on the steering wheel. I have researched the owners manual and the Sync manual and cannot come up with anything. Is there a reset process I have missed ?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama Stripes
Trying to pair my replacement Droid X, and nothing happens when I press the phone key on the steering wheel. I have researched the owners manual and the Sync manual and cannot come up with anything. Is there a reset process I have missed ?
Have you paired it with bluetooth?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by EricTheOracle
Have you paired it with bluetooth?
I am unable to pair my phone with Sync because I get no response from Sync when I touch the phone key on the steering.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if you have a 2011, and if that's different; but on my 2010, you have to go into the settings screen on the headunit first.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by steenbag
Not sure if you have a 2011, and if that's different; but on my 2010, you have to go into the settings screen on the headunit first.
I have an 09 FX4. I normally access the setting by first hitting the phone key, then going thru to the menu to obtain a pass code to enter into my phone.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:57 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

I am unable to pair my phone with Sync because I get no response from Sync when I touch the phone key on the steering.
That would be no then. You have not paired your phone. Look up pairing your phone in the owner's manual and call your sales guy and ask why you didn't get shown exactly how to make your phone work with Sync.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:41 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

assuming the 09 and 10 are the same if you have the nav system when you hit the phone button it brings up the phone settings menu options, from there you go to settings, add device. If you have no touchscreen nav then its hard to say, but I would assume it should have similar options displayed on the smaller lcd screen above the radio. If not then check your owners manual. Its a pretty easy process.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by SultanGris
assuming the 09 and 10 are the same if you have the nav system when you hit the phone button it brings up the phone settings menu options, from there you go to settings, add device. If you have no touchscreen nav then its hard to say, but I would assume it should have similar options displayed on the smaller lcd screen above the radio. If not then check your owners manual. Its a pretty easy process.

I have been able to pair a number of phones previously, right now I get no response from Sync when I press either the phone key on the steering or the radio. I have had no problems for 3 years with Sync until now.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:51 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

I have been able to pair a number of phones previously, right now I get no response from Sync when I press either the phone key on the steering or the radio. I have had no problems for 3 years with Sync until now.
any other sync features work? maybe you blew a fuse or need to reset the system. Really only heard of 2011's having problems though. maybe you wore out your button if other features work.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My sync on my 2010 starts acting up about every 4 months. It does not allow music to be played and some other strange things. All I have to do is pull the fuse for about 30 minutes and then everything is back to normal. Might give that a try. I also have a droid x.

Sent from my DROIDX using F150 Forum

Quick Reply: Sync Problem