Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
08Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I've had success with sync reading my txt, but haven't been able to send any of the "quick messages" from the MFT! Anyone been able to do this?
08Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
stmartin84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sharpsburg, GA
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 42
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thcri View Post
Well that don't work for everybody. I have the show notifications enabled. I had mine working at one time and now after my Master Reset it does not work. And the first time trying to set it up I had lots of issues until my MFT screen went blank on me and then ran a maintenance program. But I have the show notifications enabled and followed all the instructions in the post above this one and it does not work for me. I may get the "this device does not support text messaging and times when I go in to the settings I may not.
Did you ever get yours working? My iphone5 bluetooth screen looks just like yours.
stmartin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
ianinedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 149 Times in 127 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

@stmartin84

There is a lot of good info in this thread: http://www.f150forum.com/f38/iphone-5-sync-207637/



However, Follow these steps exactly (props to @jgohlke for writing all this out).

The sequence seems to have a large part of it working or not.

1) Truck - Delete phone from BT device list.
2) Phone - Delete Sync from BT connection list.
3) Phone - Reboot. (Do steps 4 & 5 while you wait for this to finish)
4) Truck - Turn off, pull the key, open the door.
5) Truck - Close the door, restart.
6) Truck/Phone - Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it finish.
7) Phone - Turn BT off.
8) Phone - Turn BT on.
9) Truck - Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.
10) Phone - Go into the BT Profile Settings screen for Sync (little arrow to the right of Sync, in Settings, Bluetooth)
11) Phone - Set Notifications to "On".
12) Phone - Back up a screen and turn BT off again.
13) Phone - Turn BT back on.
14) Truck - Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to phone.


I did exactly this to my phone/truck when I was trying to fix my text messaging issues. I haven't had a problem with it since.
__________________
2013 F150 EB Limited
Tuxedo Black - Power Tailgate Mod - DD3.0 Mod - LED Bedlights - Limited Boost Bar
ianinedm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ianinedm For This Useful Post:
eye.surgeon (06-13-2013), KLK (06-17-2013), stmartin84 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
stmartin84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sharpsburg, GA
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 42
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianinedm View Post
@stmartin84

There is a lot of good info in this thread: http://www.f150forum.com/f38/iphone-5-sync-207637/



However, Follow these steps exactly (props to @jgohlke for writing all this out).

The sequence seems to have a large part of it working or not.

1) Truck - Delete phone from BT device list.
2) Phone - Delete Sync from BT connection list.
3) Phone - Reboot. (Do steps 4 & 5 while you wait for this to finish)
4) Truck - Turn off, pull the key, open the door.
5) Truck - Close the door, restart.
6) Truck/Phone - Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it finish.
7) Phone - Turn BT off.
8) Phone - Turn BT on.
9) Truck - Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.
10) Phone - Go into the BT Profile Settings screen for Sync (little arrow to the right of Sync, in Settings, Bluetooth)
11) Phone - Set Notifications to "On".
12) Phone - Back up a screen and turn BT off again.
13) Phone - Turn BT back on.
14) Truck - Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to phone.


I did exactly this to my phone/truck when I was trying to fix my text messaging issues. I haven't had a problem with it since.
I'll give it a try later, thanks so much. Will this also fix the turn by turn on the iphone to have the voice from the iphone come through the speakers in the truck?
stmartin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
ianinedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 149 Times in 127 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmartin84 View Post
I'll give it a try later, thanks so much. Will this also fix the turn by turn on the iphone to have the voice from the iphone come through the speakers in the truck?
Just keep in mind that the sequence played a huge part in getting it to work for me. You have to do things in order.


As for turn by turn; From my understanding, if you are using turn by turn on your phone while listening to the BT Stereo signal (not sure if USB works the same. i only ever use BT), the voice instructions should come out the truck speakers.

If you are listening to an audio source outside of the BT Stereo connection, the turn by turn obviously wont come through the speakers.

If you have the factory nav and aren't getting turn by turn, that is just a setting within the MFT Nav settings.
__________________
2013 F150 EB Limited
Tuxedo Black - Power Tailgate Mod - DD3.0 Mod - LED Bedlights - Limited Boost Bar
ianinedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Rooskibar03's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 33 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Limited View Post
Mine works perfect on my 2013 Limited with my iPhone 5 I get txt messages on MFT Navi when I get a txt a box pops up like when u get a phone call I press the listen button and it reads it to me. Go on your phone to Bluetooth click on the sync the is paired the it will bring u into setting at the top turn on notification bam and u have all my fellow iPhone users u got txt messages set up.
Times 2. Works on my rig as well. I had to turn it on under the BT menu and next time I got into the truck it worked.

Its funny when "she" reads some text and doesn't know how to say some things and instead spells them out.
__________________
Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.
Rooskibar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #27
2011 Harley Davidson AWD
 
AndrewM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Has anyone been able to get this work on the previous sony NAV systems (ie 2011)?
AndrewM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
stmartin84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sharpsburg, GA
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 42
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooskibar03 View Post
Times 2. Works on my rig as well. I had to turn it on under the BT menu and next time I got into the truck it worked.

Its funny when "she" reads some text and doesn't know how to say some things and instead spells them out.
I tried this three times and still no luck.
stmartin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 53
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianinedm View Post
@stmartin84

The sequence seems to have a large part of it working or not.

1) Truck - Delete phone from BT device list.
2) Phone - Delete Sync from BT connection list.
3) Phone - Reboot. (Do steps 4 & 5 while you wait for this to finish)
4) Truck - Turn off, pull the key, open the door.
5) Truck - Close the door, restart.
6) Truck/Phone - Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it finish.
7) Phone - Turn BT off.
8) Phone - Turn BT on.
9) Truck - Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.
10) Phone - Go into the BT Profile Settings screen for Sync (little arrow to the right of Sync, in Settings, Bluetooth)
11) Phone - Set Notifications to "On".
12) Phone - Back up a screen and turn BT off again.
13) Phone - Turn BT back on.
14) Truck - Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to phone.


I did exactly this to my phone/truck when I was trying to fix my text messaging issues. I haven't had a problem with it since.

Woohoo, this works!!!
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat. 5.0 4X4
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 53
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Double post - sorry
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat. 5.0 4X4
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:52 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.