Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC help. adjust default phone volume

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SYNC help. adjust default phone volume

I would like to turn up the default volums setting. I have it connected to my 3G iphone and have to turn the volume up about 5-6 clicks every time I use it.

Is there a way to adjust this? How?

THANKS!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 PM

in my truck it remembers the previous phone volume i used so once i get it right it stays right. are you turning it up on your phone or using the volume control in the truck?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:07 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Once you make a call and it is dialing, hit the volume button on the iphone and turn it up all the way. It will remember the setting. I have noticed when I make a call through sync, I still have to click up the volume a few times but when I receive a call it is fine.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Schambo
Once you make a call and it is dialing, hit the volume button on the iphone and turn it up all the way. It will remember the setting. I have noticed when I make a call through sync, I still have to click up the volume a few times but when I receive a call it is fine.
Yeah, I read on a SYNC forum that using the volume control on your iPhone can help get this adjusted correctly. For me, and others with a BlackBerry, there is no separate volume for bluetooth, so i have to turn it up every time.

Maybe a future SYNC update will let it "remember" what volume was used on the previous call.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:01 PM

I have the volume on my iphone turned up all the way. Actually when the phone is connected to SYNC and a call is active, I cannot adjust the phones bluetooth output volume. It has always been very quiet with my headset too, but I cant turn that up.

Any other ideas? Can the dealer adjust this? It sucks having to turn it up soo much. To get it as loud as the radio, I have to have the phone volume about twice as high.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem. I have the phone volume up as high as it can go. When I make a call through Sync I have the radio volume set at 1/4 to get to the call. When the call starts I cannot even hear the phone ring. In order to hear it I need to max the volume on the radio.

I do hope there is a way in increase the volume during a call.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Don & Donna's 2009 FX4

Default Sync

Hey guys, dont know what to tell you, mine stays the same but do have to turn it up on some calls but not many, I have an LG ENV3 and no problems at all. Hope you get it figured out.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Three-time F-series owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I noticed this as well. I don't have a problem with having to turn up the radio to hear the phone call. It's when the call is over, and the radio kicks on and blows out my eardrums that I have issue with...

My phone volume is all the way up, too.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:20 PM

I Phone 3G. The volume defaults back to the lower setting every time. It would be nice if it would remember the last volume setting used.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 PM
gpp

get the 3gs and it stays where you leave it.

Quick Reply: SYNC help. adjust default phone volume