Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sync "calling dot..." <calls first contact> fixed

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 611 Likes on 474 Posts

Exclamation sync "calling dot..." <calls first contact> fixed

made a new thread hoping this will be easier to find for someone later now that I was able to get mine fixed.

Im using an Iphone 5, it started acting up where if you tried to voicedial someone it would say "calling dot", "calling dot on cell" or "calling dot A" then proceed to call the first person in my contact list. I tried all kinds of reset options with sync and it did not fix it. Many were claiming an APIM (i think thats the right abbreviation) reflash was the only fix.

heres what worked for me:

on your phone go into the blue tooth settings, tell it to forget or delete the SYNC device/association

Master reset Sync

pair your pone with Sync

download your contacts/phonebook.

Previously I had pulled the fuse for sync, then master reset sync then pairing the phone and downloading the contacts again. I did this in a multitude of ways a number of different times before taking it to the dealer, the only thing done differently this time was having my phone delete the sync association as well.

my problem started when my fiance installed the emoji app (that adds smiley faces and other random ****) then put an icon in her name in the contacts list, when SYNC updated the phonebook again I started having dialing problems
Old 04-28-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else having this? Just picked up my brand new ecoboost yesterday. Salesman couldn't help with the situation. We deletes everything from the truck and I deleted sync from my phone at least 4 times and it will still dial the first contact on my phone. I'm using iPhone 5 as well.

Quick Reply: sync "calling dot..." <calls first contact> fixed