Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Sync with Blackberry Torch?

Thinking about getting a Blackberry Torch. I assume it's just as capable as the Blackberry Curve with Ford's SYNC systems, but want to see if anyone has any experience with that marriage already? Thanks!
nrsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
Member
 
dougfreitag7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsaint View Post
Thinking about getting a Blackberry Torch. I assume it's just as capable as the Blackberry Curve with Ford's SYNC systems, but want to see if anyone has any experience with that marriage already? Thanks!
I've got the Blackberry Torch and I use it with SYNC - works great. Only thing that I haven't really given a shot in figuring out is having it read text messages out loud. There's an app for that and I had it installed when I first bought the truck but it wasn't functioning right. Besides that - phone calls, music, and GPS all work great with SYNC...it sends the GPS vocals through truck speakers. Music you put on the Torch you can click "shuffle" on the phone and then on your steering wheel or receiver you can shuffle through all the songs. Just a beaut!
dougfreitag7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢
 
iamsuperbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lake City, Fl
Posts: 2,971
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

the BB Tour I use to have worked the same; everything but the read aloud text messaging worked. I could place phone calls and all via voice command

the iPhone is the same way; no text message reading support... you'd think of that FOMOCO would have made one of the most popular phones fully capable with the system... but maybe that's Crapple's fault
__________________
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
Just another member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 17
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

It is not a Ford issue.
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
SVTF150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ocean Shores, WA
Posts: 525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
the BB Tour I use to have worked the same; everything but the read aloud text messaging worked. I could place phone calls and all via voice command

the iPhone is the same way; no text message reading support... you'd think of that FOMOCO would have made one of the most popular phones fully capable with the system... but maybe that's Crapple's fault
Microsoft and Apple rarely play nice together!
SVTF150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
Fordified
 
1Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down by the river in a van
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

OK so what's the purpose of having this feature (text reading) if no phone system will support it? I use a BB Curve and it works for everything BUT it's also not supported for text....

Just a teaser??
__________________
2010 F150 Platinum Tuxedo Black
1Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
Just another member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 17
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

It is not true that no phones will support it.

Some Motorolas, Sony and Samsungs do. But, it is a not a widespread technology in many phones and Ford has nothing to do with that. The few phones with that tech are supported in sync. If they were not, then some would be complaining that they do not. Now, some are complaining that it does not work with their phone - well get on phone forum for your brand phone and ask them why. It uses Bluetooth of course, but a standard does not yet exist so all manufacturers do not have it

Thanks
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
Fordified
 
1Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down by the river in a van
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwill View Post
It is not true that no phones will support it.

Some Motorolas, Sony and Samsungs do. But, it is a not a widespread technology in many phones and Ford has nothing to do with that. The few phones with that tech are supported in sync. If they were not, then some would be complaining that they do not. Now, some are complaining that it does not work with their phone - well get on phone forum for your brand phone and ask them why.
It uses Bluetooth of course, but a standard does not yet exist so all manufacturers do not have it

Thanks
Seems kinda silly when the best selling phones on the market are not supported by the best selling truck on the market


......sucks being ahead of the curve I guess!
__________________
2010 F150 Platinum Tuxedo Black

Last edited by 1Gunner; 10-29-2010 at 10:50 AM.
1Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
Member
 
dougfreitag7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Heres a list from Fords website that lists the phones they've tested and the features that work with SYNC...

http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dea...N_iop_1_30.pdf
dougfreitag7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢
 
iamsuperbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lake City, Fl
Posts: 2,971
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Gunner View Post
Seems kinda silly when the best selling phones on the market are not supported by the best selling truck on the market

my point exactly! lol
__________________
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:14 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pandora W/ Blackberry Curve and Sync jdtech65 2009 - Present Ford F150 5 05-27-2010 09:47 AM
Pandora/Blackberry 9000 Leftcoast 2009 - Present Ford F150 3 04-07-2010 09:18 PM
blackberry forum app UnleashedFord 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 5 01-24-2010 02:29 PM
Blackberry tour/bluetooth and sync ody 2009 - Present Ford F150 8 12-29-2009 09:26 AM
Blackberry Storm and Sync sprysa 2009 - Present Ford F150 3 05-30-2009 11:39 PM

Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.