Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SVT Raptor Grill mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SVT Raptor Grill mod

Anybody thought of making a SVT Raptor grill for the 09'-10' F-150? If anybody has or could I would be very interested in this. I know the Raptor is 7 inches wider than the normal F-150 so the stock grill wont transfer over. Too Bad.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think the width is the problem with this grille mod, it's the fact that the hoods are different and the Raptor hood goes straight across from headlight to headlight. Take a look at the pics of the Raptor vs. the regular F150 front end. You'd need the hood and the grille.

The extra width is just from the bigger fenders...
Old 06-14-2010, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
I don't think the width is the problem with this grille mod, it's the fact that the hoods are different and the Raptor hood goes straight across from headlight to headlight. Take a look at the pics of the Raptor vs. the regular F150 front end. You'd need the hood and the grille.

The extra width is just from the bigger fenders...
yea, I was just wondering if someone made a replica grill from the raptor or something similar to it for their F-150. I think it would looks pretty cool.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm working on one right now, although it's still in the planning/drawing stages.

When it does get cut out (waterjet probably) I will have to either get a new hood (ram air with cold air intake) or I'll use the stock hood and get it reworked to accommodate the new grill.
I don't know if anyone else out there is trying the same, but no aftermarket parts are available at the time for what I can find.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by proud2bcanadian
I'm working on one right now, although it's still in the planning/drawing stages.

When it does get cut out (waterjet probably) I will have to either get a new hood (ram air with cold air intake) or I'll use the stock hood and get it reworked to accommodate the new grill.
I don't know if anyone else out there is trying the same, but no aftermarket parts are available at the time for what I can find.
Thats awesome, you will have to post some pics when your done. I would love to see this done.

Quick Reply: SVT Raptor Grill mod