Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 12:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default supercharger questions

Ok guys, so I've been doing a ton of research and here's my situation. I have a 2010 f150 with a 5.4 and I've been wanting to supercharge it. I'm not planning on racing it, it's merely just for fun and towing purposes several times a year. I noticed my only options are either edelbrock or the procharger. They say go with the eforce for towing because of the low end torque, but I'm having a hard time swallowing their price tag vs procharger. Not to mention the procharger looks much easier to install and puts out better fuel mileage from the sources I've read. I'm not scared of either one as far as quality but which one do you guys think? I was also wondering if I could swap pullies on the procharger to make the boost come in fast like the eforce would and then waste gate off the excess? I have a spare 38 mm waste gate sitting in the garage. And last but not least, which gauges would you make mandatory installing after a supercharger and what kind of exhaust system could I get away with. I'd rather not touch anymore than I have to. thanks!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:22 AM

Received 204 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by tyguy88
Ok guys, so I've been doing a ton of research and here's my situation. I have a 2010 f150 with a 5.4 and I've been wanting to supercharge it. I'm not planning on racing it, it's merely just for fun and towing purposes several times a year. I noticed my only options are either edelbrock or the procharger. They say go with the eforce for towing because of the low end torque, but I'm having a hard time swallowing their price tag vs procharger. Not to mention the procharger looks much easier to install and puts out better fuel mileage from the sources I've read. I'm not scared of either one as far as quality but which one do you guys think? I was also wondering if I could swap pullies on the procharger to make the boost come in fast like the eforce would and then waste gate off the excess? I have a spare 38 mm waste gate sitting in the garage. And last but not least, which gauges would you make mandatory installing after a supercharger and what kind of exhaust system could I get away with. I'd rather not touch anymore than I have to. thanks!
I've had a procharger. It was badass, I've also had several twin turbo setups. The procharger was amazing l. I haven't had the eforce. But I recommend sending an email to procharger and asking them about what they recommend for the exhaust on your 5.4. Should be able to get an underdrive pulley, they would know what others have done on a 5.4 and what the best setup is. Great customer service to go with their product.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prochargers are awesome! They're a really nice setup, and pretty easy to setup compared to a lot of other supercharger/turbo setups.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:23 AM
F150 Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Prochargers are great, the eforce is a great blower also. We are distributors for both. The Procharger is much easier to install, and for the price I don't think you can go wrong. They offer different power curves as you mentioned. Its a matter of preference, how much exactly will you be towing? If you would like pricing please feel free to pm me.

FACEBOOK YOUTUBE TWITTER
Ecoboost Performance Parts from the Pros!
Old 10-01-2014, 09:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks guys i may be getting in touch. Most of the time im just hauling my mustang or a couple side x sides on an open 16ft car trailer but every once in a great while i may hook up to a decent box trailer, camper, or skid steer trailer with a skid steer. My max would be the skid steer setup obviously which is about 10-11k but it would be a rare occasion and would not be a trip thats more than an hour nor with large hills. Im located in central ill so no mountains here haha. The normal tow weight may be 6-8k of my other toys and cargo. If i
could re pully the procharger to where the boost would come in similar to the eforce, it would seem like a no brainer to me. I also currently have a five star sct tune on the truck now, should i keep this tuner and just redownload an email tune from a good vendor or go with prochargers canned tune with the kit?
Old 10-01-2014, 10:01 AM
F150 Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by tyguy88
thanks guys i may be getting in touch. Most of the time im just hauling my mustang or a couple side x sides on an open 16ft car trailer but every once in a great while i may hook up to a decent box trailer, camper, or skid steer trailer with a skid steer. My max would be the skid steer setup obviously which is about 10-11k but it would be a rare occasion and would not be a trip thats more than an hour nor with large hills. Im located in central ill so no mountains here haha. The normal tow weight may be 6-8k of my other toys and cargo. If i
could re pully the procharger to where the boost would come in similar to the eforce, it would seem like a no brainer to me. I also currently have a five star sct tune on the truck now, should i keep this tuner and just redownload an email tune from a good vendor or go with prochargers canned tune with the kit?
You can' really pulley the blower for boost sooner, just for more boost. I would keep your sct and have 5star write you a tune. Just sell the SCT that comes with the Procharger kit. 5star im sure will be able to give you a good tow tune for when you need the towing power.

FACEBOOK YOUTUBE TWITTER
Ecoboost Performance Parts from the Pros!

Quick Reply: supercharger questions