Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sunroof help

I have a 2009 XLT supercrew. I really want a sunroof. Any thoughts of aftermarket sunroof? and any idea how much? i know everyone says they always leak but there are several very reliable shops nearby. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Gearhead

Received 754 Likes on 434 Posts

A lot of good aftermarket shops actually use the same roof (Webasto or ASC) as OEM. The only difference is there will be a trim ring around the opening. Sunroofs/moonroofs are designed to "leak" now days with drains in all four corners.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the OEM sunroof in my 2007 Lariat and finding a truck WITHOUT one was a big thing for me when I bought my 2010. I found the OEM sunroof leaked at the rear corners in car washes (never leaked in normal situations such as rain or normal washing). It concerned me a good bit and I was never comfortable with it.

I never ever used the sunroof so it was all concern with no value because I didn't use it. If you enjoy one that may completely change the risk versus reward equation for you.

If you DO get one added I just recommend making sure they are QUALITY installers and that they warranty against leaks.

Good luck and post pics if you get it done!

Quick Reply: Sunroof help