Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions on aftermarket headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suggestions on aftermarket headers

Good day folks!

I'm running a 2010, FX4, 5.4. I have already installed a flowmaster cat back exhaust, a K&N 66 series cold air intake, and a jet mass air flow sensor and I'm looking to throw on some new headers. I'm looking to stay in the $400-$500 price range. I've read a bit on the Raptor SVT Shorty headers, but I wanted to see what everyone else's experiences and feedback would be. I feel my truck lags a bit on acceleration from 0-40 mph and I'm thinking this might help. Any thoughts on some good headers or advise is appreciated.

- FX4 Deep
Old 04-30-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 136 Likes on 119 Posts

JBA has a great selection of shorty headers. JBA has been a Ford header supplier for a very long time., very big in the Mustang community. Not sure if they make a 50 state legal application for your engine, but it may not matter to you. Have a look.
http://shop.jbaheaders.com/jba-perfo...l-3-valve.html
Old 04-30-2015, 02:48 PM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Can't comment on brands for the 5.4, but it depends on what your wanting them for. Sound or power? You mention wanting to improve acceleration, so I'm going to assume power. Shorty headers are useless for any power gains, they only offer improvements in sound. Some people argue they increase power, most dyno graphs show an incredibly small gain, if any at all. Long tubes can give respectable gains, but are an absolute bear to install, especially in 4x4's. Even so, you would need a get a tune to get the most out of them. With that being said I doubt your gonna find any LT's in that range unless your looking used.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on aftermarket headers