Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's for winter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stock Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's for winter?

Picked up my first F150 this past week, so hello everyone I know the rules; pics or it didn't happen:

It came with 275/55/20 Bridgestone Dueler all-seasons. For those that have/had them, how good are they in the winter? I must get to work no matter the weather conditions, and there are a lot of hills on my route.

I don't do much off-roading, but I also don't do much highway driving either. If a set of all-terrains are a huge improvement over the Dueler all-seasons for the winter then I'll consider it. Also, I'm keeping it at stock height. I'm guessing I could go to 275/60/20, not sure if 275/65's would work without leveling though.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:53 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My FX2 came with the H/L Alenza's on it, and I have used them for two winters so far and made it out alive. I'm not sure where you are on the globe but I am in Manitoba (North of North Dakota if you can imagine that winter).

They have done for me what I asked almost without flaw. If there was pretty deep snow and I wasn't paying enough attention I needed to throw a handfull of salt down under the tires to get me mobile again but on plowed roads the truck seemed to do what every other vehicle was doing.

They aren't a winter tire but with a bit of attention to the conditions they will get you around just fine.

I personally find they are worst in just wet weather, more than the snow. Traction control is getting a good workout with the rain and my truck.
The following users liked this post:
PRidd27 (09-18-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 01:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scross86
My FX2 came with the H/L Alenza's on it, and I have used them for two winters so far and made it out alive. I'm not sure where you are on the globe but I am in Manitoba (North of North Dakota if you can imagine that winter).

They have done for me what I asked almost without flaw. If there was pretty deep snow and I wasn't paying enough attention I needed to throw a handfull of salt down under the tires to get me mobile again but on plowed roads the truck seemed to do what every other vehicle was doing.

They aren't a winter tire but with a bit of attention to the conditions they will get you around just fine.

I personally find they are worst in just wet weather, more than the snow. Traction control is getting a good workout with the rain and my truck.
Sounds like your winters are a little more extreme than mine. Guess I'll try the tires out for this season and upgrade as I see fit.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:04 AM

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

I drove a 2WD 1995 GMC 1500 Reg cab long bed for 10 years to and from work in Chicago winters
....... and the 2011 blizzard in white out conditions.

No issues with that one, and the new 13 F150 EB Screw 4x4 is beyond awesome compared to that truck.
Tires don't make the truck, the driver does. I just looked these tires up on Tire Rack this past weekend
to see how much they cost, and they're ~$156 and designed for Crossovers and Light Duty all season.

Funny thing tho.......I was a little overconfident this past winter into a 30mph curve in a business district.

Last edited by CreepinDeth; 09-18-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:23 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Those tires came on my '13 FX4 and surprisingly, I survived last winter with them. Honestly, they did better than I expected, but I drive like an old man in the snow and ice..lol

I also tow a lot in the winter. This year I'm not pushing it, and going to Duratracs.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

My dad put them on his Limited 22's, he swears by them. They truly are a pretty good winter tire.

Quick Reply: Stock Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's for winter?