Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speaker size

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 02:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default speaker size

Yeah, so i recently bought new speakers for the doors of my f150. i got new pioneer premier speakers, a pair of 6x8's for the front doors and 5 1/4 for the rear doors. what i'm kinda ticked off about though is i misunderstood crutchfield's website and thought the rear door only took the 5 1/4 speaker because i have the supercab. Also, looking at the back doors, the grill is much smaller so I went ahead and bought them. i ended up having to buy mounting plates to put them in because they fit the 6x8's as well and i didn't want to deal with sending them back in to the manufacturer.

I was just wondering what your opinions are, meaning would you just bite the bullet and send them back to get teh bigger 6x8's...the smaller speakers seem to get better highs, but i really like the bass the 6x8's produce.

and just a side note, eventually i want to buy a nice aftermarket double din touchscreen head unit and a pair of subs.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:35 AM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Hrm... I would say that if you like the speakers / sound they are producing & considering you want to add on (subs), then you probably made the correct choice.

Quick Reply: speaker size