Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So MPT Tunes and SCT Livewire

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default So MPT Tunes and SCT Livewire

Helpful folks on the phone ordered through the website, product arrived fine. Form submitted. A little hokey that I have to wait a few days or "upgrade" for prompt service after dropping $700 plus bucks. Oh well.

Two questions, once I get the tunes do I need a micro SD card (slot is empty) to store the tunes? Second, I went to peel the clear touch screen shield off and about half the screen is now covered with the sticky residue. Now that twisted me off. How do I clean it without ruining the device or the touch screen because as you can imagine it is pretty hard to swipe left or right or up or down right now.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:40 PM

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterScott
Helpful folks on the phone ordered through the website, product arrived fine. Form submitted. A little hokey that I have to wait a few days or "upgrade" for prompt service after dropping $700 plus bucks. Oh well.

Two questions, once I get the tunes do I need a micro SD card (slot is empty) to store the tunes? Second, I went to peel the clear touch screen shield off and about half the screen is now covered with the sticky residue. Now that twisted me off. How do I clean it without ruining the device or the touch screen because as you can imagine it is pretty hard to swipe left or right or up or down right now.

Thanks in advance.
The tunes Will be stored on the device. I'm assuming you are going to be getting email tunes? If so you will download them to a pc and then transfer them to your device. I'm not sure about the residue. Maybe an alcohol pad?
Old 09-09-2015, 10:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, email tunes - good info thanks. I assumed alcohol pad or some such but I don't want to ruin the screen as I am sure that would be a fun discussion on a refund. I have two edge insights (both for sale fyi - won't need for F150 and they don't support the Expy for some unknown reason - low volume - I called). Just put the clear vinyl that doesn't require the adhesive. Is anything easy?

Quick Reply: So MPT Tunes and SCT Livewire