Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout out to Roadmaster Active Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Shout out to Roadmaster Active Suspension

Guys,

I want all of you to know that guys at Roadmaster just helped out the guy who slipped through the cracks from the February Buy in. Roadmaster in February was celebrating there 2 years on this forum by allow us on here to purchase the system at $325. While not paying to my CC statement as I assumed my card was charged correctly I was not, and in fact was charged the full $399 plus $24 shipping. I sent Nolan and email yesterday and followed up with a phone call this morning and they are reimbursing me the $74 to my card. I can't say how much I appreciate them doing this and can't say enough how wonderful the customer service is and ultimately how AWESOME the product works. I would recommend this product for all F150 owners looking for the added support and payload as well as removing the dredded Axle Wrap.

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-16-2014, 10:58 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Let me chime in as well and say how awesome they were to work with and how awesome their kit is. Very easy to install and the ride actually improved while empty! Couldn't believe it myself. Just the ticket for pulling my new camper...
Old 04-17-2014, 12:08 PM

Received 163 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian
Let me chime in as well and say how awesome they were to work with and how awesome their kit is. Very easy to install and the ride actually improved while empty! Couldn't believe it myself. Just the ticket for pulling my new camper...
Exactly how easy was installation (DIY, 1 hour, lift or jack or ramps required? 2-person job? 4 beers?), and what did you notice improving with the empty ride? Did wheel hop get completely eliminated too?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:43 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
Exactly how easy was installation (DIY, 1 hour, lift or jack or ramps required? 2-person job? 4 beers?), and what did you notice improving with the empty ride? Did wheel hop get completely eliminated too?
4 beers maybe less. It took me less than 1 hour by myself with jack stands. If you have access to a lift it would take 15mins max.

Wheel hop definitley gone and axle wrap has been severly lessoned
Old 04-17-2014, 02:01 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Be aware that as the leaf springs wear one side may become weaker than the other side and throw off the thrust angle of the rear axle thereby wearing tires out prematurely. That's what happened to me.

Sadly, because techs don't know about alignments without their Hunter showing them what to turn, I couldn't get my shop to manually adjust the RAS tension to sort out the thrust angle and so they got removed because the shop could not warranty the leaf springs.
The following users liked this post:
BMWBig6 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 03:47 PM

Received 163 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by EricTheOracle
Be aware that as the leaf springs wear one side may become weaker than the other side and throw off the thrust angle of the rear axle thereby wearing tires out prematurely. That's what happened to me.

Sadly, because techs don't know about alignments without their Hunter showing them what to turn, I couldn't get my shop to manually adjust the RAS tension to sort out the thrust angle and so they got removed because the shop could not warranty the leaf springs.
Huh? More on this please. This causes a problem at rest (static load), or only in motion or in gear (or only after 20,000 miles)? How much of a difference between sides are we talking about (and over how much elapsed time)?
Old 09-17-2017, 11:21 AM
5.0 DOHC V8

Received 1,583 Likes on 972 Posts

EricTheOracle

What people should really be aware of is that what has happened to you is very highly unusual in contemporary pickup truck manufacturing production. We used to see the occasional, old (1970s and older), well-used pickup with a severely misaligned rear axle thrust angle... some people would refer to this as "dog tracking" or some variation of the phrase.

Your truck must have suffered an anomalous defect or damage in the rear frame area or have suffered a bent spring eye mount. And yours is not only the first thrust angle complaint I've read of in ages, it is the first here on the F150 forum, and this after reading a rather large volume of search results consisting of entire threads on the subject of Roadmaster Active Suspension.

One should never attempt to use a suspension accessory device such as the RAS to correct a physical misalignment located within a factory suspension system. One should remove the accessory, THEN correct the hardware issue, then reinstall the accessory. It is the only correct way to go about repair of your problem. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:06 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Will these work on a lifted truck?
Old 11-21-2017, 11:22 PM
5.0 DOHC V8

Received 1,583 Likes on 972 Posts

Will these work on a lifted truck?
Assuming the truck's rear ride height is lifted with blocks between the spring and the axle housing, yes. The device captures the rear half of the leaf spring pack, from the axle mounting point rearward to the rear spring eyelet.

Shout out to Roadmaster Active Suspension-20170928_165058.jpg

Quick Reply: Shout out to Roadmaster Active Suspension