Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shopping list for my new baby

Old 06-22-2014, 05:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Shopping list for my new baby

Hey everyone. I just brought home my new '14 F-150 Platinum 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost, and it's time to start up my shopping list, haha. (Long wait, I bought it on Friday night, and had to wait till today to pick it up).

I haven't owned a truck in over a decade, and honestly wasn't really looking for one initially. But with the dealer incentives trying to push out the '14s before the new design comes out, I couldn't resist.

So far, I know that I will be getting the windows tinted, and I just ordered my Weathertech Floormats, (The custom fit All-Weather mats, not the trays, as all we get here is rain and I like the look of 'regular' mats). I also need to start looking at getting either a tonneau cover or a shell. I am leaning towards a tonneau cover, as I would prefer to limit my loss of visibility, I just need to figure it out since they both run about the same if I go high-quality. Possibly the ARE LSX-Ultra?

Looking forward to keeping my eyes peeled and learning everything I can about my new truck from all of you folks. Obligatory pics below.

Shopping list for my new baby-2siipko.jpg
Shopping list for my new baby-gwknt1q.jpg
Old 06-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Welcome. Damn nice looking truck.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Raptor Minion

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

That is a sweet looking truck. You planning on doing some serious modding, like exhaust, lift, CAI, tune and stuff like that, or maybe just small stuff? Like an LED light conversion for the interior lights. That one is fun.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:50 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBoater
That is a sweet looking truck. You planning on doing some serious modding, like exhaust, lift, CAI, tune and stuff like that, or maybe just small stuff? Like an LED light conversion for the interior lights. That one is fun.
Likely just some small stuff. After the tint, floormats, and the tonneau cover, it'll take me a bit before I do anything again. But I am interested in some upgraded lighting, both interior LEDs, as well as some external/supplementary reverse lights. Gotta shine up the space behind that big ***.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

nice... Welcome.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:27 PM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Good looking Plat. I'm partial to those SG Plats.
Yours is the first that I've seen with Scorpions on though. Love the SG and Pecan leather combo. I would have gone with Pecan had the availability been there.

Sounds like you're on a tasteful path with mods. Good luck!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:34 PM

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

boost bars
deezee tailgate assist
Personally I liked the Ford all weather mats more than weathertec, might be worth a look if you have not made the purchase yet.
RX catch can and clean side separator
spray in liner if it doesn't have one

after that its more in deapth mods:
coilovers or some sort of lift
larger tires
brush guard
tuner and custom tune (makes a monster difference on the ecoboost)
Lights: LED fogs, backup, interior, underbody, whatever floats your boat.
truck box like from ecoological would work with either cap or cover
Old 06-22-2014, 07:45 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

I like it!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Raptor Minion

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Madbull
Likely just some small stuff. After the tint, floormats, and the tonneau cover, it'll take me a bit before I do anything again. But I am interested in some upgraded lighting, both interior LEDs, as well as some external/supplementary reverse lights. Gotta shine up the space behind that big ***.
I would suggest some Alternative Offroad hood mounts. They require no cutting or modification of the hood whatsoever, and let you mount a couple of hood lights. I got some KC Slimlites because I prefer the classic look.

A Lockerdown console safe is always a great mod. Or perhaps a Tuffy back seat secure storage.

Tonneau cover? I got a cheap Bestop cover for $300 to hold me over while I get a nice paint matched one.

Get that center console lid covered in leather to match those seats, and maybe even a nice embroidered logo. There is a vendor on this forum doing that, and let me tell you, they look very nice and very plush to rest your elbow on.

Maybe a nice muffler. Nothing too crazy. You can get a nice Borla ProXS muffler for $100 at Amazon, and have it welded in place. Give you a nice growl if you like that kind of thing.

A Roush CAI, about $300, to help with that sound even more.

Oh, and how about swapping the factory speakers and maybe a custom sub to replace the Sony sub.... nooooooo, make it stop!!!!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:12 PM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBoater
Get that center console lid covered in leather to match those seats, and maybe even a nice embroidered logo. There is a vendor on this forum doing that, and let me tell you, they look very nice and very plush to rest your elbow on
It's leather. Same Platinum Leather on the seats.
OP, like ZB mentioned, the embroidery is a nice touch. Look up [MENTION=143499]Bdukes55[/MENTION] for the work. Had him stitch my console lid and 5th headrest and I cannot speak highly enough about his work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shopping list for my new baby