Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Secret Recall By Ford?????

Old 03-04-2011, 06:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Secret Recall By Ford?????

Something Big is Going On.....My 2011 Raptor was on a truck to be delivered today. Ford prevented the delivery and recalled the truck yesterday all the way back to Michigan. I am so pissed I can't see straight. The truck was less than 24 hours from being delivered and they actually are hauling it back. Ford Corp claims they are bringing back all in transit F-150's. Something big is up. My dealership has tried for two days to get the true story and they can not get one either. They said Ford is keeping a lid on something until they get their press situation ready for release.

It is so bad my dealership is unwinding my deal so I do not have to pay any finance charges and setting up a new contract date out two months.

Has anyone heard anything???
Old 03-04-2011, 06:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Very interesting- keep us posted!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

News reported a recall on explorers and f150s (two days ago) in reference to some potential fuel line/engine fire possibility. Unsure if it is related to your issue though.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:10 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

I wonder if it has anything to do with the story reported yesterday and in another thread, here today, over the recall of multiple Ford models including the 2011 F150's??

It may be that the fixes are too much or too complex to dump on all the dealers, with respect to those vehicles which have not been delivered?

Having said that, it seems to me that any recall of vehicles (for whatever reason) which are already in transit either by rail or truck, or both, will be a logistical nightmare and expensive; in returning them, sorting them, fixing them, and rerouting them back out again to the dealers.

March 3, 2011
Ford recalling vehicles

Ford Motor Co. is recalling about 35,000 pickup trucks and crossover vehicles in the U.S. and Canada because of possible fuel leaks and electrical shorts that could lead to fires.

Ford says the recall includes about 25,000 Ranger pickups which involves fixing potential problems with the fuel line that could lead to a fuel leak and a fire.

No fires or injuries have been reported and Ford says it does not know of any incidents related to the recalled vehicles.

Ford also is recalling more than 9,000 other vehicles to fix a software problem that could lead to an electrical short and overheating, potentially causing a fire.

The recall involves 2011 model years of the F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Ford Edge, and Lincoln MKX.

And here is a link for a story with today's date:

http://www.egmcartech.com/2011/03/04...0000-vehicles/

Last edited by NorCal-09; 03-04-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Juggernaut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://wot.motortrend.com/recall-rou...sue-36135.html
Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Rok

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

Yea its a conspiracy theory alright! Darn Ford and there secrets! Yea it may suck but at least you should be happy they are trying to fix the problem before the end user gets it and has something bad happen! Damn them and trying to be safety conscious! Never again!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn. just picked a 2011 F150 last wknd. Is there a quick way to find out which ones are effected?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 PM
"Hold My $tone$"

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It's been on the net for 4 days, national news for 2 days..............Not a very well kept secret...........
Old 03-04-2011, 08:27 PM
in the house

Received 1,332 Likes on 772 Posts

Affected.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:48 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Everything I have seen on the news has been associated with build dates prior to mine which was Feb 18.... The latest recall was for the airbags on the 2005-2006 model years. The other recall was this one...

"Ford recalls Ford Ranger trucks for possible fuel leak
* Electrical issues spur recall of seven other models DETROIT, March 2 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) recalled more than 34,000 vehicles worldwide spanning eight vehicle models due to the risk of a fuel leak or electrical issues.
The automaker is recalling 25,000 Ford Ranger trucks, including 23,688 in the United States, because the protective layer of an engine fuel line near the throttle body shield may not be properly installed. Eventually, this could lead to a fuel leak, Ford said in a notice posted on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website on Wednesday.
Ford said it was not aware of any fires related to this problem. The model year 2010 trucks were built from October 2009 through May 2010 at the company's Twin Cities Assembly Plant.
Ford also said it would recall 9,100 vehicles worldwide because their electrical systems may short and result in a vehicle fire. This includes 8,022 vehicles in the United States.
The seven models affected by this recall include the Ford Edge crossover, the Lincoln MKX crossover and the F-series line of pick-up trucks: the F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550.
There have been no injuries related to either recall, Ford spokesman Wes Sherwood said. (Reporting by Deepa Seetharaman; Editing by Derek Caney and John Wallace) Ford recalls Ford Ranger trucks for possible fuel leak
* Electrical issues spur recall of seven other models (Rewrites 1st paragraph to add global recall figure)
DETROIT, March 2 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) recalled more than 34,000 vehicles worldwide spanning eight vehicle models due to the risk of a fuel leak or electrical issues.
The automaker is recalling 25,000 Ford Ranger trucks, including 23,688 in the United States, because the protective layer of an engine fuel line near the throttle body shield may not be properly installed. Eventually, this could lead to a fuel leak, Ford said in a notice posted on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website on Wednesday.
Ford said it was not aware of any fires related to this problem. The model year 2010 trucks were built from October 2009 through May 2010 at the company's Twin Cities Assembly Plant.
Ford also said it would recall 9,100 vehicles worldwide because their electrical systems may short and result in a vehicle fire. This includes 8,022 vehicles in the United States.
The seven models affected by this recall include the Ford Edge crossover, the Lincoln MKX crossover and the F-series line of pick-up trucks: the F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550.
There have been no injuries related to either recall, Ford spokesman Wes Sherwood said. (Reporting by Deepa Seetharaman; Editing by Derek Caney and John Wallace)

I talked to Ford....These were NOT the reason for the return to the factory. They would not disclose the reason at this time..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Secret Recall By Ford?????