Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoam and manually reving the engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seafoam and manually reving the engine

Hi guys, I was getting ready to use seafoam through the intake of my truck today and I don't have a buddy around to press the gas pedal for me as I pour in the additive. In the past it hasn't been a problem with my mustangs, because I could just press the throttle cable while I had my head under the hood. Im noticing thats not an option on my 2013 5.0 truck. It looks like the new throttles bodies are now electronic and everything is internalized. What suggestions do you have for me? Am I looking in the wrong place? Also, please dont turn this into a spot to bash seafoam and create arguments. Ive seen too many of those threads this morning and I have gotten nowhere reading them. Thanks for your help!
Old 05-28-2016, 03:58 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Try running a hose from the seafoam nozzle to the intake, long enough so you can sit in the truck
Old 05-29-2016, 01:51 AM
OG

Received 243 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by sjp750
Hi guys, I was getting ready to use seafoam through the intake of my truck today and I don't have a buddy around to press the gas pedal for me as I pour in the additive. In the past it hasn't been a problem with my mustangs, because I could just press the throttle cable while I had my head under the hood. Im noticing thats not an option on my 2013 5.0 truck. It looks like the new throttles bodies are now electronic and everything is internalized. What suggestions do you have for me? Am I looking in the wrong place? Also, please dont turn this into a spot to bash seafoam and create arguments. Ive seen too many of those threads this morning and I have gotten nowhere reading them. Thanks for your help!
Find a brick
Old 05-29-2016, 11:36 PM

Thanks cmbezln, thats a lot of help.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by sjp750
Thanks cmbezln, thats a lot of help.
it will work, i had done this in the past where the throttle cable on my car was shielded, and I was too lazy to take out 6 little bolts. a heavy brick/landscaping stone can be placed just right to hold the peddle down just enough to give you a higher idle
Old 05-30-2016, 05:27 PM

This is where it's nice to be the proud owner of a 13 year old boy. He loves to rev the motor and be my brake pedal pumper when I have to bleed brakes!

Seriously though, a brick or something heavy. Place it so that it just raises the RPM, not so that it's floored.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is what My snow scraper is used for in the summer. I just set it on the peddle and slide the seat to the right RPM. Scott
Old 05-30-2016, 08:04 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by kcarpenter528
This is where it's nice to be the proud owner of a 13 year old boy. He loves to rev the motor and be my brake pedal pumper when I have to bleed brakes!

Seriously though, a brick or something heavy. Place it so that it just raises the RPM, not so that it's floored.
I would suggest that having a 13 year old rev an engine, especially while in front of it, is risky.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
I would suggest that having a 13 year old rev an engine, especially while in front of it, is risky.
Funny story. I hit my older brother with a CRX (his CRX) when I was 12 because I didn't fully understand the whole clutch thing. I learned a lot that day.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:45 PM
4Runner Driver

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

At work (technician at a Hyundai dealership as of last week, finally got back into the shop and out of parts), I use a pry bar and the seat to push the brake pedals on cars to check the brake lights. You could do the same thing with the accelerator (easily with power seats, a little trickier with manual). You'd just put a pry bar, dowel rod, 3/8 extension, etc. between the seat and the pedal, and move the seat forward until you had the desired pedal position.

Quick Reply: Seafoam and manually reving the engine