Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset SYNC??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reset SYNC??

Does anyone know of another way that SYNC can be reset besides using the master/factory reset in the SYNC menu?? My SYNC will not connect to any Bluetooth Devices and I've called SYNC support and went through all of the troubleshooting steps and still wasn't able to get a resolution. They advised me to take it to the dealership and have them look at it.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the fuse for 5 seconds. I don't remember the fuse number, I was to say it is the second one down from the top of the tallest line of them (on the panel in the truck, right side kick panel)

I had to do this weekly before the update. To the point that i rigged a pull string on the fuse so I could do it without tools.

DaveW
The following users liked this post:
eyezayuh (05-30-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 07:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Better thing to look at first is are you running the latest version of Sync?
Old 05-30-2015, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UMJonny
Better thing to look at first is are you running the latest version of Sync?
Yes!! I updated it as soon as I found out about the update. Whats crazy is that before the update, my phone would connect via Bluetooth to Sync, but none of my music would play. All I could do was make/receive phone calls. But then after I updated it, it worked just fine. And then about 2 weeks ago, it started giving me problems again. I'm going to try removing the fuse and see if that helps any. Thanks for the suggestions!! Any more are greatly appreciated Lol.

Quick Reply: Reset SYNC??