Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace Leather/Suede Seat with All Leather?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 12:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Replace Leather/Suede Seat with All Leather?

Hi Everyone,

Been a long time since I have posted here. Used to have an f150 Lariat supercrew 4x4, but traded it in for an Avalanche LTZ a few years ago. Just came back to a '13 F150 FX4 Supercrew 4x4 in tuxedo black with the appearance package and all the available options. We traded in another vehicle as well and got my wife a '13 Explorer limited with all the options, so we got a good deal. That is mainly why I ended up with the FX4 over a Lariat or Platinum.

My only real gripe (aside from the stripe that I will likely remove), and this may grow on me, is the appearance package seats, they are the trimmed leather/suede like in the Tremor. I have been contemplating changing them out for the all leather like the base leather FX4. I am curious how others feel about this seat combination? How does the suede stand up? I do have the heated and ventilated seats, and I see the suede acting more like fabric for keeping cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter (nothing worse then getting into cold leather seats in the winter and needing to wait for them to warm up, even when remotely starting, they take a boit to warm up), which is one advantage.

Anyways, just curious if there are others out there who feel the same way, or even guys who would be open to buying these seats?
Old 08-02-2015, 02:44 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the standard black leather with heated/cooling in my 14. gotta say, even in the az heat all day the seat coolers are very effective and act quickly to keep my buns from roasting. where are you located? might be interested in a swap- I'm sure they are plug and play
Old 08-02-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm no help as the reason I bought the truck was for these seats. But mine are holding up well and I got close to 30k on the truck now. They clean pretty easy for the most part and are holding up better then all leather seats I've had in the past. And like you said , winter and summer I dont burn or freeze when I get in.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:57 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

All leather seat by Katzkins would be easier to up keep than the suede.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:49 PM

Received 157 Likes on 124 Posts

Last edited by 1994Vmax; 08-02-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:50 PM

Received 157 Likes on 124 Posts

I honestly can't stand leather in a vehicle... most of it feels like a school bus seat both in texture and softness. The reason I bought the appearance package was to get a loaded truck without a pleather seating surface. Mine has been fine but I am stupid **** with my FX4 and it's only a toy... so it's not a fair comparison.

Pretty sure if you advertised wanting to trade someone would swap you seats... or of course you can just get new covers and sell or toss the appearance package ones.

Quick Reply: Replace Leather/Suede Seat with All Leather?