Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Sun Visor Warning Labels

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Removing Sun Visor Warning Labels

Nothing clutters up and ugliafies the interior of cars more than the lame bright yellow warning labels that live on the underside of the flip down sun visors.

In my VWR32, we would just rub an alcohol soaked cotton ball over them, and they would come off after a minute or two. But in my Subaru STI, all it did was dull them and make them worse.

Has anybody successfully and cleanly removed these from our F150s? What technique did you use?
Old 10-08-2015, 01:31 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Yes

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/air-bag...ickers-287918/
The following 3 users liked this post by Ricktwuhk:
130428 (10-08-2015), BCMIF150 (10-08-2015), Sweatmachine (10-09-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 02:55 PM

Hair dryer! Fantastic.. thanks for the link.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:57 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

220 - 221, whatever it takes...

Hair dryer, heat gun, whatever it takes...

Use Goof Off afterwards to remove the glue. LOVE them gone!
Old 10-09-2015, 08:10 AM
American member

Received 1,059 Likes on 844 Posts

Default Removing Sun Visor Warning Labels

Now I'm pissed!
On my 2005/2010 for some reason they bugged the hell out of me. So they had to go.
For the past year on my 14, I really wasn't noticing them.
Now, after this thread all I see now... are my bright yellow stickers!
You got in my head! I guess this wknd will be stealing the girls hairdryer and busting out the adhesive removal-Goof Off.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by masitile
Now I'm pissed!
On my 2005/2010 for some reason they bugged the hell out of me. So they had to go.
For the past year on my 14, I really wasn't noticing them.
Now, after this thread all I see now... are my bright yellow stickers!
You got in my head! I guess this wknd will be stealing the girls hairdryer and busting out the adhesive removal-Goof Off.
ah hah! Ya see... this kind of **** retentive, OCD crap, I have to live with all day, every day, with everything. I don't mind.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

I read a lot of threads on this and other forums, and probably 50% of the time I shake my head. These stickers have been on vehicles for a very, very long time. Why are you staring at them?

And for those removing them, when you sell the vehicle, have you though about any liability, whether legal or just on your conscience, for the next owner if he/she has a problem and the sticker would have warned them? These stickers are there because the majority of people that drive vehicles aren't smart enough to know the information that's printed on them.

I don't like a garage door opener hanging on my visor on our Fusion, but I'm not going to go spend $300 on a new visor to not have to see it.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't think those people that "need" to read that info are ever going to actually read it. It's like everything else, it's there to protect the company from liability, or show that they made an effort to warn the consumer. It would take a pretty good lawyer to figure out these were actually removed, prove the previous owner removed them and then ultimately prove their removal was the cause of the accident.....so I wouldn't be too worried about the resale/liability that much.
Analysis to paralysis.
The following 2 users liked this post by SnowDawg:
funmoneypit150 (10-09-2015), RES4CUE (10-09-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
I read a lot of threads on this and other forums, and probably 50% of the time I shake my head. These stickers have been on vehicles for a very, very long time. Why are you staring at them?

And for those removing them, when you sell the vehicle, have you though about any liability, whether legal or just on your conscience, for the next owner if he/she has a problem and the sticker would have warned them? These stickers are there because the majority of people that drive vehicles aren't smart enough to know the information that's printed on them.

I don't like a garage door opener hanging on my visor on our Fusion, but I'm not going to go spend $300 on a new visor to not have to see it.
How's that high horse?
The following users liked this post:
lewis26 (10-09-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
I read a lot of threads on this and other forums, and probably 50% of the time I shake my head. These stickers have been on vehicles for a very, very long time. Why are you staring at them? And for those removing them, when you sell the vehicle, have you though about any liability, whether legal or just on your conscience, for the next owner if he/she has a problem and the sticker would have warned them? These stickers are there because the majority of people that drive vehicles aren't smart enough to know the information that's printed on them. I don't like a garage door opener hanging on my visor on our Fusion, but I'm not going to go spend $300 on a new visor to not have to see it.

As mentioned, the idiots that need these warnings are too busy texting vs stopping and reading the warnings on their visors!

Let's be real here, this is just the legal bean counters way of covering the companies asses and nothing more!

Would I feel guilty? Nope not one bit, when operating a motor vehicle it is the drivers responsibility to know and operate the equipment associated with the vehicle.

I will sleep better at night knowing these ugly things aren't staring me in my face vs losing sleep over the next owner not seeing them!
The following users liked this post:
funmoneypit150 (10-09-2015)

Quick Reply: Removing Sun Visor Warning Labels