Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing rear headrest and/or tilting forward rear seat back on 2010 super cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing rear headrest and/or tilting forward rear seat back on 2010 super cab

Hi - I've searched the site and have found references to folding down the back on the rear seat of a supercrew, but have yet to see anything on folding down (or forward) the back portion on the rear seat of a supercab seat. It appears it can be done on the pre-2009 models, but the 2009-2010 seem to be solidly affixed. I can (barely) feel around the back and feel springs, not a flat back, so I assume it's not meant to move foward. I can appreciate that, but without the seat back moving forward, I can NOT remove the headrests to put seat covers on my seats. The users manual just says to push the buttons and pull up on the headrests. That's all well and good, but they hit the top of the inside of the cab and I can NOT remove them. The headrest posts are too long. I called Ford Service and they said to fold the seat forward, yet they couldn't tell me how to do it. Can anyone help?

Last edited by Taikas_Ride; 10-05-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM

I've encountered the same problem on how to tilt or remove rear seat in my Scab. I hope someone on this forum knows the answer ?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:22 PM
sig

You answer is here with pictures

https://www.f150forum.com/showthread...ight=rear+seat
Old 10-05-2009, 05:39 PM

Thanks sig..............
Old 10-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Just another member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

SIG:

So, the SuperCrew rear seats are same fold down procedure as in the SuperCab?

Thanks
Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 PM

I had found and read that thread (as well as tried to apply what it said) - before posting my question. I didn't want to waste anyone's time if it was already addressed. But ours is a 2010 supercab NOT super crew, and there is no smooth back to our seats as in the picture (they are raw - springs and foam exposed -implying that they shouldn't be down - I found this out by reaching from the bottom/underside of the seat back). I have small hands and there is no way that I could wedge my hand between the seat and back of the truck on top - they are tight against the back of the truck. They appear to have changed the design for 2010. Anyone else find what I did?

Last edited by Taikas_Ride; 10-05-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:11 PM

I have the same problem on my 2010 super cab. You can't clean the insde of the rear window because the head rests are in the way.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Just another member

Originally Posted by Taikas_Ride
I had found and read that thread (as well as tried to apply what it said) - before posting my question. I didn't want to waste anyone's time if it was already addressed. But ours is a 2010 supercab NOT super crew, and there is no smooth back to our seats as in the picture (they are raw - springs and foam exposed -implying that they shouldn't be down - I found this out by reaching from the bottom/underside of the seat back). I have small hands and there is no way that I could wedge my hand between the seat and back of the truck on top - they are tight against the back of the truck. They appear to have changed the design for 2010. Anyone else find what I did?
I agree with you. Just as I thought when I gently asked question.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM
sig

It would help if I could read. Sorry about that.

It would not make any sense that they would not fold up. What I would try is to see if there is a latch like the one that is on the SCrew. It is hard to feel for but if you fold the seat bottom up a little it makes getting behind it easer (again assuming you can fold up the back seat and that the back moves when you fold up the bottom)

Last edited by sig; 10-05-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Just another member

Originally Posted by sig
It would help if I could read. Sorry about that.

It would not make any sense that they would not fold up.
Is ok, your intention was good you were only trying to help.

I agree that it makes no sense that they would not be able to removed. They had to have been installed into the cab by the poor workers at the factory, so there must be way to reverse that somehow, someway.

Quick Reply: Removing rear headrest and/or tilting forward rear seat back on 2010 super cab