Remote start - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
Log In 


Remote start

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 183
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Remote start

I'm looking at the plug and play 2 key remote start for my truck, and while I am a ford tech, and can install myself I was just wondering since no one here has done one yet, does it incorporate into my instrument cluster for settings and where I can change the settings for run time, and rear and rear defrost? Thanks
__________________
2012 F150 4x4 5.0L
2012 Fusion SE 2.5L
1995 Mustang Cobra 5.0L
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 09-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
phoneguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ridley PA.
Posts: 349
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I have an xlt and I make the changes for run time on the instrument cluster. Im not sure about the heated seats because I'm not lucky enough to have that in my truck. But the unit automatically senses the air temperature and turns on the defrost and heat if its cold or turns on max air when it's hot outside.
phoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 183
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneguy
I have an xlt and I make the changes for run time on the instrument cluster. Im not sure about the heated seats because I'm not lucky enough to have that in my truck. But the unit automatically senses the air temperature and turns on the defrost and heat if its cold or turns on max air when it's hot outside.
Did you have the r/s added or is it factory?
__________________
2012 F150 4x4 5.0L
2012 Fusion SE 2.5L
1995 Mustang Cobra 5.0L
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
phoneguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ridley PA.
Posts: 349
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I had the plug and play unit installed from a dealer. It's the basic one directional unit that comes with 2 keys.
phoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 183
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneguy
I had the plug and play unit installed from a dealer. It's the basic one directional unit that comes with 2 keys.
Yeah that's the one sweet like I said I'm a ford tech just none of us have done one yet so no one new if it was controllable thru the little info screen in the cluster thanks
__________________
2012 F150 4x4 5.0L
2012 Fusion SE 2.5L
1995 Mustang Cobra 5.0L
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
phoneguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ridley PA.
Posts: 349
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001

Yeah that's the one sweet like I said I'm a ford tech just none of us have done one yet so no one new if it was controllable thru the little info screen in the cluster thanks
That's funny because I had to call 4 dealerships before I found one that knew about the plug and play kit. The other dealers wanted to cut into wires and install it the old way. Even after I gave them a part # they would not do it.
phoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001 View Post
I'm looking at the plug and play 2 key remote start for my truck, and while I am a ford tech, and can install myself I was just wondering since no one here has done one yet, does it incorporate into my instrument cluster for settings and where I can change the settings for run time, and rear and rear defrost? Thanks
Massive thread already answering all the questions you could imagine to ask.

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/2011-pl...107929/index3/
jbone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: kentucky
Posts: 183
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone14

Massive thread already answering all the questions you could imagine to ask.

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/2011-pl...107929/index3/
Awesome! Thanks
__________________
2012 F150 4x4 5.0L
2012 Fusion SE 2.5L
1995 Mustang Cobra 5.0L
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001 View Post
Awesome! Thanks
My pleasure, I was in the same boat as you about a week ago and luckily enough came across that thread.

The installation is VERY easy and being a Ford tech you will have no problem whatsoever.
jbone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.