Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear defroster and Bed Rust

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rear defroster and Bed Rust

2013 F150 XLT super crew 157" 4x4
34,xxx miles just under 2 yrs old.

I brought it in because the rear defroster stopped working and the paint had worn through and heavily rusted under the plastic drop in liner installed by the dealer when the truck was purchased. I complained since day 1 that it didn't fit right and it had worn the paint and undercoating to the bare metal and rusted heavily.

The dealer contacted Ford and they repaired and repainted the bed and after working with a ford advocate will be paying the $459 I paid for the drop in liner towards a line-ex pro series spray in liner. It took a week of back and forth with the advocate to get that done. The rear defroster was also a warranty fix, they replaced the entire rear window. I have had 8 or 9 warranty claims in 2 years. The advocate said it was a large number of claims for an F150 and kind of rare. So if you have any problems your dealer is unwilling to help you with call Ford customer service and they put and advocate on your side to help negotiate a deal with the dealer ship, he even offered to help with the overage charges for rental car if needed. I just wish I didn't have a truck with so many problems. Anyone else have this service or problem?
Old 10-25-2015, 10:42 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Plastic bed liners are horrible investments. They wear paint, hold in moisture and allow stuff to slide. 30 years ago thats all that was available but now days why not put a spray in liner in?

Glad you got it warrantied. Most people have a hell of a time dealing with ford.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:39 AM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Glad you were able to get both issues fixed...

Quick Reply: Rear defroster and Bed Rust