Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE: 2011 F-150's and the 3.7 ecoboost engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 10:24 PM
oldphart

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 2011 F-150's and the 3.7 ecoboost engine

Whats the actual word from people who have real experience with this new engine and the 6 speed Allyson transmission? What kind of performance do you get? What rear do you have ? Mileage? Hiway vs in town? Type of terrain you operate in....hiulls vs flatland ? Am looking to get a new truck but still shopping for the right engine/rear/trans combo....... looking at STX vs XLT dress as well...... opinions solicited.
Oldphart
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oldphart
Whats the actual word from people who have real experience with this new engine and the 6 speed Allyson transmission? What kind of performance do you get? What rear do you have ? Mileage? Hiway vs in town? Type of terrain you operate in....hiulls vs flatland ? Am looking to get a new truck but still shopping for the right engine/rear/trans combo....... looking at STX vs XLT dress as well...... opinions solicited.
Oldphart

allyson????? thats in the GM product line................ other than that your gona wait for that answer, as its not availible for ordering yet so no real world experience with it.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Back from the dark side

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The 3.7L is not the ecoboost engine. It is the base engine for the F150 line. It's a non-turbo V6. The EB engine is a twin turbo charged 3.5L.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hemigod
The 3.7L is not the ecoboost engine. It is the base engine for the F150 line. It's a non-turbo V6. The EB engine is a twin turbo charged 3.5L.
correct missed the 3.7 instead of the 3.5............. all i saw was the ecoboost.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 AM

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by oldphart
Oldphart
They are supposed to start production of ecoboost equipped trucks this week, so it will be a month or so before anyone gets one.

For towing heavy you want the max tow package and 3.73 rear end or possibly even the 4.10 if we ever find out for sure if its going to be available.

I just ordered an XLT with chrome package. I prefer the chrome over painted bumpers for several reasons, one it looks more like a truck. Two if someone hits you in the parking lot with a shopping cart, the paint is scratched. The only chrome piece that I don't like is the inserts around the tail light and all trucks have that.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
They are supposed to start production of ecoboost equipped trucks this week, so it will be a month or so before anyone gets one.

For towing heavy you want the max tow package and 3.73 rear end or possibly even the 4.10 if we ever find out for sure if its going to be available.

I just ordered an XLT with chrome package. I prefer the chrome over painted bumpers for several reasons, one it looks more like a truck. Two if someone hits you in the parking lot with a shopping cart, the paint is scratched. The only chrome piece that I don't like is the inserts around the tail light and all trucks have that.
If chrome bumpers were all you were looking for you didn't need to order the chrome package. Chrome bumpers are standard on an XLT and I don't think it's even possible to get an XLT without the chrome bumpers.

The chrome package is grill, running boards, door levers, exhaust tip and I think that's it. On the XLT you don't get the chrome mirror caps with the package.

Quick Reply: RE: 2011 F-150's and the 3.7 ecoboost engine