Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RCI Skid Plate Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thumbs up RCI Skid Plate Installed!

I know there are a few other threads on this topic, but I am pretty excited about mine, so I figured I'd share my experience.

Josh [MENTION=139745]RCImetalworks[/MENTION] gave me a really good deal on some manufacture defect plates ; I bought the full front skid plate and the transmission plate. The plates arrived within 4 days of ordering them, very well packaged and no damage despite their weight and size.

I unbolted the stock skid plate under the front part of the engine -- next to the RCI plates the stock plate looked like a glorified piece of plastic.

The instructions were easy to follow and with a little help from my wife I was able to install all three plates in under an hour. I am very pleased with how it turned out.
Attached Thumbnails RCI Skid Plate Installed!-frontplate.jpg   RCI Skid Plate Installed!-engineplate.jpg   RCI Skid Plate Installed!-transmissionplate.jpg   RCI Skid Plate Installed!-plate-depth.jpg   RCI Skid Plate Installed!-defect1.jpg  

RCI Skid Plate Installed!-defect2.jpg  
Old 02-27-2014, 09:40 PM

Default Additional Pictures

The only thing wrong is that I didn't order a transfer case plate at the same time. I guess there's always next time...
Attached Thumbnails RCI Skid Plate Installed!-stockplate.jpg   RCI Skid Plate Installed!-stockplatedepth.jpg   RCI Skid Plate Installed!-installed.jpg  
Old 02-27-2014, 09:57 PM
POWWWERRR!!!!!

Received 167 Likes on 116 Posts

Did they come with all bolts and hardware?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by dieselhunter44
Did they come with all bolts and hardware?
Yes they came with all mounting hardware -- the only thing I have to nitpick is the supplied hardware requires an allen key -- why not hex-head bolt for sockets?! As such I reused as much of the stock mounting hardware as possible.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you change the oil with the plate on, or is there a panel you have to remove?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by feller
Can you change the oil with the plate on, or is there a panel you have to remove?
There is an access hole in the rear transmission plate that gives you access to the engine oil drain plug. I haven't attempted to change oil yet, but from what I can tell there isn't a need to remove the plates
Old 05-21-2022, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone show me step-by-step on how to install the two piece rci engine skid plates. I find the instructions hard to follow. I hope someone can walk me through it with good pictures.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely better than Ford stock skid plate that came with off road package. Just curious if Ford or mechanic would be asking more for oil changes when they have to remove skid plates?

T.

Quick Reply: RCI Skid Plate Installed!