Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattling noise at around 2,000 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise at around 2,000 RPM

I have a 14 Lariat ecoboost. I have an annoying noise at 2000 rpm while driving that sounds like a heat shield vibration or chain riding on a chain guard. I took into dealer and they claimed it was a faulty passenger turbo and installed a new one. This however did not fix the issue. So second trip back and now the dealer is claiming this to be normal that they test drove 3 other trucks in my year range and they all did it so there was no problem. Anyone else experience this noise? Or has anyone had similar issue and had it fixed? Very frustrated at the moment. I also have 34000 miles so bumper to bumper is about to wear out. I have a audio recording from engine bay you can clearly hear the noise that I let the service adviser listen to and he agreed he could hear it. But they wouldn't allow me to share with the mechanic. The sound does not sound anything like the timing chain rattle either.

Thanks

Last edited by cwaseman; 07-15-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: more info
Old 07-15-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my truck back from the shop. I test drove another truck same year and close to same mileage and it does the same thing so I guess it is normal after all. The mechanic said its the turbo's starting to spool up. So I guess I will just turn up the radio so i dont have to hear it.

Quick Reply: Rattling noise at around 2,000 RPM