Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems Keeping Phone Paired to SYNC

Old 04-12-2010, 08:40 PM

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Problems Keeping Phone Paired to SYNC

Just bought a 2010 XLT Screw and love the truck but my Motorola Tundra phone won't stay paired to SYNC. I checked Sync-My-Ride and a lot of people are having issues with this phone and many others. My Motorola is supposed to be on the list of approved phones but there is a definite problem. It is intermittent with no clear pattern of why Sync drops the phone. It will pair up then drop it right away or drop it a couple hours later. The next day it will mysteriously be paired, then later Sync will lose it. I've done a complete deletion of the phone and address book from Sync, pulled the battery on the phone to reboot, and its still screwed up.
Has anyone else here experienced this issue and were you able to come up with a solution?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem pairing phone with SYNC

I had no problem getting my Verizon phone paired to SYNC, I did find it EXTREMELY difficult to call out by saying someones name, and I also had issues with not being able to answer my phone when not in my truck because it was still paired up with SYNC and i couldn't get it disconnected from SYNC and I haven't paired it back up for over a month because of those issues. Maybe it's just something i'm doing wrong but it worked fairly good the first week or so.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:32 PM

Mine worked great with the Nextel Blackberry until last month. It quit Syncing up...tried everything and still will not sync.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:55 AM

My phone pairs fine, it just won't stay paired. Looking at the list of tested phones on Sync-My-Ride it seems that any phone purchased before 2009 is not going to work properly. Its looking like Ford is using outdated software for this system, and has no plans to upgrade soon.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 AM
fjc

My Verizon phone works great with SYNC for a couple of months - then suddenly it won't keep the bluetooth connection. I'll start the truck, the "connected" icon on the truck display will light up - then go out a minute or two later.

I've found when this starts happening, all I need to do is shut off my phone, then restart it. Seems my phone (an LG Envy3) gets it's bluetooth all screwed up after the phone has been on non-stop for a month or two. Like most people, I never shut off my phone...

Once I shut the phone off then back on, I'm back in business Sync-wise for another 6-8 weeks.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 AM

I would check to see if there's a firmware update for your phone.

Also, check the bluetooth settings on your phone. Make sure it's set to automatically connect to Sync.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:49 AM

I had the same problem with my verizon LG ENV2, got the new LG chocolate touch 3 weeks ago and have not lost the connection once yet.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by TheCougarGuy
I would check to see if there's a firmware update for your phone.

Also, check the bluetooth settings on your phone. Make sure it's set to automatically connect to Sync.
It is set to automatically connect. Thats whats so strange. Sometimes is sync's, other times it doesn't. I am going to try a master reset and wipe the whole thing clean, then try to download the latest app from the sync-my ride online site and hope that works. Otherwise I think I'm SOL.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:27 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishhawk460
My phone pairs fine, it just won't stay paired. Looking at the list of tested phones on Sync-My-Ride it seems that any phone purchased before 2009 is not going to work properly. Its looking like Ford is using outdated software for this system, and has no plans to upgrade soon.

While the exact level of functionality of a phone and sync is dependent on boths software the hands free portion is simple bluetooth. Bluetooth is a now common communication standard. My European N95 from 2006 worked fine with Sync in handsfree but no other functions, had to use the phone to answer or end a call.

Have you tried this with any other phones with the same result? I would guess it is bad bluetooth in the phone or the truck.

And why would you be SOL? Just get a new phone.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by kydsid
While the exact level of functionality of a phone and sync is dependent on boths software the hands free portion is simple bluetooth. Bluetooth is a now common communication standard. My European N95 from 2006 worked fine with Sync in handsfree but no other functions, had to use the phone to answer or end a call.

Have you tried this with any other phones with the same result? I would guess it is bad bluetooth in the phone or the truck.

And why would you be SOL? Just get a new phone.
Because I just shelled out $200 for the phone 6 months ago. I'm not going to buy another phone just to find out that won't work either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problems Keeping Phone Paired to SYNC