Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Slider Switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 09:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Power Slider Switch

I found a thread on here from a few years back about installation of a power slider, and it was helpful, I found all of the wiring needed to install it behind the seat, however, once I pulled the overhead console off, I noticed that there isn't a harness for the switch. Is this common? Why would I have all of the other wiring but not the switch plug? Everybody else that had the wiring in their XLT had all of it and I don't.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know if this is common, but I ran into the same issue on my 2014 XLT. I pulled the seat, had the wiring and defroster plug. Pulled my overhead console, and there was nothing there. I ended up running the provided switch up the passenger side, up the pillar, and out the overhead console. Looks factory and works great. I still have no idea why Ford would only install half a harness...
Old 12-21-2015, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by SunsetXLT
I don't know if this is common, but I ran into the same issue on my 2014 XLT. I pulled the seat, had the wiring and defroster plug. Pulled my overhead console, and there was nothing there. I ended up running the provided switch up the passenger side, up the pillar, and out the overhead console. Looks factory and works great. I still have no idea why Ford would only install half a harness...
Did you have to remove the headliner? And do you have a pic of the console with the switch? My concern is the look, since it's not stock
Old 12-21-2015, 08:37 PM

Yes, I removed the front half of the headliner. Very easy to do. I will get a photo for you tomorrow. Very clean and no one would know the difference from factory. Do you have the whole kit from Ford? The switch harness will NOT fit into the factory power slider switch (don't ask me how I know).
Old 12-22-2015, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by SunsetXLT
Yes, I removed the front half of the headliner. Very easy to do. I will get a photo for you tomorrow. Very clean and no one would know the difference from factory. Do you have the whole kit from Ford? The switch harness will NOT fit into the factory power slider switch (don't ask me how I know).
Yes. The whole kit, with the switch harness. I figured it wouldn't, god forbid they make it simple.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:32 PM

This is how my truck is set up with the switch. Any questions, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Power Slider Switch-20151223_162544.jpg  
Old 12-24-2015, 08:09 AM

That looks good. So up the back pillar, take the weatherstripping off tuck it in the headliner and pull the front loose and tuck it in there. Right?
Old 12-24-2015, 12:29 PM

I actually connected it at the defroster plug, ran down the passenger side (remove the scuff plate), then up the A pillar and over to the console. I stole power directly from the battery, that way I could open and close with the truck off.

Quick Reply: Power Slider Switch