Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible upgrades.

Hi I was just wondering what kind of ideas you guys have on upgrades for my truck. Its a 2009 f150 STX, and im gonna do a cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and most likely a bullydog brand programmer, but Im not sure what else. Maybe an intake spacer, or something like that. I dont want to put a lift in it because i like the look of the stock stance. When it comes to suspension i would just do stock size springs and shocks.

Thanks for any advice you provide.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you do any reading on here you will learn both aftermarket exhaust and cold air intakes are going to do nothing more then Change the tone of the motor.
Some will claim 2 more mpg but not likely
Also tb spacers are snake oil

Last edited by Tylerl66; 09-19-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:35 AM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

Nice looking truck. 2x on intake, exhaust mods. Way over priced. No real benefit. Put that money into something that will have more tangible benefits, like a sound system upgrade. Tuners are good. SCT X4 with 5star custom tunes is the most popular. Try a forum search for more info. Enjoy the new ride. Welcome to th forum.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,073 Likes on 6,507 Posts

I've got an Airaid CAI, and Borla exhaust, and a SCTX4 tuner. The CAI and exhaust did nothing but put a smile on my face due to the appearance and sound factors. The tuner really woke it up though.
As far as appearance, I think some FX/Raptor/HD heads and tails would go a long way in tying in the monochrome look you've got going with the STX package, and the black running boards. Paint the edges of the tails black as well, and remove those stickers from the side. IMO, that would clean up the looks. Maybe some some polished wheels too?

On the exhaust, duals out the rear, with some long tips extending forward under the truck would look good. Something like the old Fox body Mustangs had.

I'm not into normally lowering a truck, but with that regular cab and short bed, I think it would look good. Think, remove the lift block on the rear.
Bottom line though, keep it simple and clean.

Last edited by johnday in BFE; 09-20-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Possible upgrades.