Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Platinum running board making clicking noise when closing

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Platinum running board making clicking noise when closing

The running board on the driver's side of my 2009 Platinum just started making a "click" sound. It does it on the very last 1/2" of movement when it retracts and it just makes a single "click" sound. It's not real loud but it sounds like someone is giving a light tap on the frame with a hammer. Aside from that the running board works just fine. I looked up under there and it seems to be coming from the front of the running board near it's electric motor. Has anyone else have this issue with the Platinums or Harley Davidson F-150's? If so, what did the problem end up being?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:32 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ForbesZ
The running board on the driver's side of my 2009 Platinum just started making a "click" sound. It does it on the very last 1/2" of movement when it retracts and it just makes a single "click" sound. It's not real loud but it sounds like someone is giving a light tap on the frame with a hammer. Aside from that the running board works just fine. I looked up under there and it seems to be coming from the front of the running board near it's electric motor. Has anyone else have this issue with the Platinums or Harley Davidson F-150's? If so, what did the problem end up being?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Where mounted to the truck may have come lose and misaligned.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EricTheOracle
Where mounted to the truck may have come lose and misaligned.
Thanks! I'll check the mounting hardware at both ends of the running board to see if anything is loose or noticeably out of alignment. If it is I will try to realign the actuator and running board arms to see if the noise goes away.

Quick Reply: Platinum running board making clicking noise when closing